Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Aftermarket sub and amp tied into factory deck

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Sssnake
Gotcha. Now that you mention it, it seems like I remember reading this in one of your posts.

While I have the utmost respect for what you did with your unit are you glad you did or would you go another route knowing what you know today?

BTW - if you ever figure out the DIC message set I would be very interested. It would be nice to be able to use an arduino with some type of shield (CAN bus or otherwise) tied to whatever digital device a user chooses to decode those messages. To be honest I am surprised someone (like the MP3CAR guys) hasn't done it already. I would be willing to bet that GM uses some type of standard comms that would largely apply to most of their vehicles.
I am always trying to prove to myself how smart (or dumb but not on purpose) I can be.

I am pretty happy with the route I went with the radio, but probably would have gone a different route if someone had offered the same compatibility.

I just need to carve out some time and dedicate it to spoofing the Bose classII.

What I have been looking at is using the Raspberry Pi as the brain for an interpreter.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Pi is a cool little processor. I am interested in the Arduino because I also want to include some automation and other goodies that others have developed for other vehicles (support community seems more mature). Again hats off to you as your setup is quite an accomplishment.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

There has been some interest from other Bose cursed owners of different platforms.

They want to keep the head unit, but ditch the amplifier.

I would have thought PAC or someone would have made a spoofer by now.

Guess I will try.

Thanks for the comps.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by heavymetals
There has been some interest from other Bose cursed owners of different platforms.

They want to keep the head unit, but ditch the amplifier.

I would have thought PAC or someone would have made a spoofer by now.

Guess I will try.

Thanks for the comps.
If you can find a solution you have a buyer here!
Old 04-23-2015, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got lost on this thread a little bit but what I have found out from reading and trial is that the Bose amp is very restrictive it has a lot of limiting control on the system so just upgrading speakers or adding a sub does very little for sound quality. I have gone 2 different ways and both have been great. At first I wanted to keep the factory hu for looks and for dic function so I bypassed the Bose amp and installed a bit one DSP changed front speakers and tweaters with hertz and add a single 10 sub all being pushed with a 4.1 hertz amp. The sound was a great improvement. With extensive tuning the sound was exactly what I was looking for unfortantly the head unit was missing to many functions that I required for dd. So the hu got changed with a pioneer app radio tied to the same hardware. If you are looking for a more clean well rounded sound you are going to have to change some parts and get around that Bose crap.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At first I wanted to keep the factory hu for looks and for dic function so I bypassed the Bose amp and installed a bit one DSP changed front speakers and tweaters with hertz and add a single 10 sub all being pushed with a 4.1 hertz amp.
I am very familiar with the Bit One. Good processor but a little pricey. I assume you utilized the DRC for volume control (smart idea).

With extensive tuning the sound was exactly what I was looking for
I likely know where you spent most of your time tuning

unfortantly the head unit was missing to many functions that I required for dd.
This is the reason I abandoned the stock HU. Bluetooth integration for my phone and navigation software that is at least somewhat accurate were my deciding factors. That and everyone who got in the car thought the screen was touchscreen. I always had to explain that you had to use the gui mapped buttons on the sides. After the 30th time going thru the explanation it just got to me.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket sub and amp tied into factory deck