Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Fastest Canadian LS1 Bolt on only cars

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 07:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds great. Hopefully I can nail a good time slip this spring. It will a least create a good goal trying to reach number 1 in a category.

Originally Posted by LETZRIDE
Shouldn't be hard to do!

I think he does have it Dale!

I'll fire up a thread soon and we'll list out the top 10 or so... I'll lay out the rules, which will basically be the same as the thread I linked to. Guys can then post up in the thread and I'll update the list.

I just need to figure out the format I want to maximize bragging rights...

Right now I am thinking something along the lines of these categories:

Fastest Bolt on F-body (maybe LS1 and LT1?)

Fastest bolt on LS1 period (vettes, F-bodies, GTO's)

Fastest F-body Cam only (LS1 and LT1)

Fastest LS1 Cam only period (vettes, F-bodies and GTO's)

Fastest LS1 period- anything goes (must be a factory optioned LS1 car, so no swaps into a civic or some bs)

What's everyone think? I think that covers a range of builds on here and should let guys kinda know where they stand? It also might give other guys who are looking at building their car a "go to" outlet to maybe model their builds off of?

Verifications would be a timeslip + video or a timeslip + witness on the board or a timeslip + picture of the car with race number on it
Old 03-26-2015, 04:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Shouldn't be hard to do!

I think he does have it Dale!

I'll fire up a thread soon and we'll list out the top 10 or so... I'll lay out the rules, which will basically be the same as the thread I linked to. Guys can then post up in the thread and I'll update the list.

I just need to figure out the format I want to maximize bragging rights...

Right now I am thinking something along the lines of these categories:

Fastest Bolt on F-body (maybe LS1 and LT1?)

Fastest bolt on LS1 period (vettes, F-bodies, GTO's)

Fastest F-body Cam only (LS1 and LT1)

Fastest LS1 Cam only period (vettes, F-bodies and GTO's)

Fastest LS1 period- anything goes (must be a factory optioned LS1 car, so no swaps into a civic or some bs)

What's everyone think? I think that covers a range of builds on here and should let guys kinda know where they stand? It also might give other guys who are looking at building their car a "go to" outlet to maybe model their builds off of?

Verifications would be a timeslip + video or a timeslip + witness on the board or a timeslip + picture of the car with race number on it
Maximizing bragging rights is going head to head and getting the win light

I highly doubt my car is the fastest bolt on car around,but then again most guys that have a pile of dough laying around have bypassed all the little gains and gone on to H/C,FI and larger displacement.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:21 AM
Teching In

But a lot of the challenge is in making the most of what little you have. Spending piles of money doesn't always get the "w". For example my Yank SS4000 is an absolute beast. Once I get my traction together I feel I will be able to compete with a lot of H/C stick cars and dominate the bolt on class. But that's just talk I hope to back it up this summer. Anyone coming out this summer??

Dale
Old 03-26-2015, 10:24 AM
Teching In

anyone have tires they don't need?
Old 03-26-2015, 04:14 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1evilz28
But a lot of the challenge is in making the most of what little you have. Spending piles of money doesn't always get the "w". For example my Yank SS4000 is an absolute beast. Once I get my traction together I feel I will be able to compete with a lot of H/C stick cars and dominate the bolt on class. But that's just talk I hope to back it up this summer. Anyone coming out this summer??

Dale
I will be out this spring summer and fall.

I think I will be ready for opening weekend on April 18th and 19th.

Yup the TQ Converters are the great equalizer.

Check on the Vette Forums for used DR's,those guys are rich
Old 03-26-2015, 05:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by transamtom
Maximizing bragging rights is going head to head and getting the win light

I highly doubt my car is the fastest bolt on car around,but then again most guys that have a pile of dough laying around have bypassed all the little gains and gone on to H/C,FI and larger displacement.
How do you think I plan on taking the record- by getting a heads up win against the guy who has it! hahaha

anyone have tires they don't need?
Check Kijiji I just picked up a set for $250 barely used. Just need a set of salad shooters to put them on now...

Bang on the money! I debated getting the SS4000 so bad- ended up getting the 3600 instead and it is a lot tighter than the 3200 I had in my v6, so I should have done it!

Remember, spending big $$$ doesn't mean guys are fast and a lot of guys who are spending big bucks I feel are the same ones that are getting a lot of work done at the shops...and I have seen a lot of shoddy work done on some really basic installs around here- I'll leave things at that.

My first runs this summer won't have my LT headers installed yet I don't think...so Tom...you're safe for now hahaa..
Old 03-26-2015, 06:19 PM
Teching In

QUOTE=LETZRIDE;18729467]How do you think I plan on taking the record- by getting a heads up win against the guy who has it! hahaha

Check Kijiji I just picked up a set for $250 barely used. Just need a set of salad shooters to put them on now...

Bang on the money! I debated getting the SS4000 so bad- ended up getting the 3600 instead and it is a lot tighter than the 3200 I had in my v6, so I should have done it!

Remember, spending big $$$ doesn't mean guys are fast and a lot of guys who are spending big bucks I feel are the same ones that are getting a lot of work done at the shops...and I have seen a lot of shoddy work done on some really basic installs around here- I'll leave things at that.

My first runs this summer won't have my LT headers installed yet I don't think...so Tom...you're safe for now hahaa..[/QUOTE]

Definitely 4000 and don't look back. No headers here yet but I will be reducing weight and hopefully a set of drag radial. Should put me near the top of the bolt on list
Old 03-26-2015, 07:24 PM
TECH Regular

what are you weighing in at now? I don't have any weight reduction on the LS1 yet aside from the AIR junk I just pulled...
Old 03-27-2015, 10:07 AM
Teching In

just sway bar, wt. 3450 no driver. I'm going to take a hard look at removing wt .this spring I would like to eventually get at 3000 even. a couple of wallet mods and other unnecessary clutter. I think we will have to set up a drag.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:26 AM
12 Second Club

How do you think I plan on taking the record- by getting a heads up win against the guy who has it! hahaha

My first runs this summer won't have my LT headers installed yet I don't think...so Tom...you're safe for now hahaa..
I wouldn't want it any other way
Old 03-28-2015, 06:17 AM
8 Second Club

11.65@117.75 CAI with some ET Streets back in 02, still #6 on the C5Z06 fast list and a 10.45@136.32 with a D1SC-still stock internals. Then the rest is history-lol.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:58 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by eb02z06
11.65@117.75 CAI with some ET Streets back in 02, still #6 on the C5Z06 fast list and a 10.45@136.32 with a D1SC-still stock internals. Then the rest is history-lol.

02 Z06 Stock Short A&A Kit - YouTube
I wish my car weighed 3100lbs and had 405hp stock
Old 04-01-2015, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Don't think I will make opening weekend.still need to get car e tested and I have a damn check engine light on. Shooting for mid may. Keep a spot for me on the list

Dale
Old 04-02-2015, 02:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1evilz28
Don't think I will make opening weekend.still need to get car e tested and I have a damn check engine light on. Shooting for mid may. Keep a spot for me on the list

Dale
I need to change my oil,get my exhaust welded from where we broke the hangers putting the 12 bolt,plus get a new battery and put the insurance on it so I can get a plate sticker.

Other than that I am ready

Now if we could have a nice day or two when I am off I would be all set.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:19 PM
SSZ
TECH Fanatic

If i can get my car tuned and new driveshaft in i wouldnt mind coming out to play with you guys if you have a track day. Mines got a 5.3 LM7 with a cam and a wind jammer.
Old 04-05-2015, 05:41 PM
TECH Regular

I was looking at the April 18th dates, but this white stuff that fell yesterday and today might hamper that...
Old 04-06-2015, 07:44 PM
Teching In

Soon the smell of burning rubber will fill the air. A sure sign of summer.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:21 PM
12 Second Club

Well the new Optima Battery is in and she is insured and plated.

The oil gets changed on Sunday,looks to be nice out so I will do both cars and swap over the wheels on the Camaro while I am at it.

Only 9 days to the first T&T
Old 04-25-2015, 04:40 PM
12 Second Club

Well the car is ready.

I will hit the track this Friday night and again on Sunday.
Old 04-25-2015, 05:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

I ran a 7.91 with a 1.86 60 last year but then got booted for no loop.
3800 DA
Tinkered with the car over the winter. Looking to hit 11's with bolt ons this summer at gimli

02 ls1 trash can

Quick Reply: Fastest Canadian LS1 Bolt on only cars