Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Fastest Canadian LS1 Bolt on only cars

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 01:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Fastest Canadian LS1 Bolt on only cars

Because I like to have goals to compare to when I start trying to tackle things... I found this list of the top 50 (or supposedly top 50) bolt on only LS1 cars here https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...1-77-bump.html

but these guys are from all around North America.

How our are Canadian counterparts doing with respect to having the fastest bolt on Ls1's around here?

I know Tom has run a 12.2 bolt on only...is anyone faster than that?

when I say bolt on only I am referring to no s/c, turbo, nitrous, heads/cam etc. Complete stock internal cars...
Old 09-02-2013, 02:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

bolt-on car here...hope to see high 12's when I get back to the track....that's only like 1 second slower than 11.77...no biggie lol
Old 09-02-2013, 03:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

My car is slow,its almost full weight no rear seats or spare is the only weight reduction.

Most guys get into the 12's and want 11's or 10's so they do H/C or FI.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:30 PM
12 Second Club

You should be aiming for that list.

Have you weighed your car yet Mike?
Old 09-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Launching!

I was 11.86 at 119 with stock heads ls6 intake and Z06 hot cam. Stick car on a drag radial full weight 3680 with me in it 410 gears

Last edited by VIPERSLYR; 09-02-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by VIPERSLYR
I was 11.86 at 119 with stock heads ls6 intake and Z06 hot cam. Stick car on a drag radial full weight 3680 with me in it 410 gears
respectable time, but that wouldn't count as bolt on only because of the cam

My car is slow,its almost full weight no rear seats or spare is the only weight reduction.

Most guys get into the 12's and want 11's or 10's so they do H/C or FI.
Tom your car is not slow for a bolt on only car. I'm almost willing to bet that with those 3.73 gears, some practice and some good air and you could potentially crack that top 50 list.

And no, I haven't had much time to do anything on my new car other than some odds and ends research. I'm almost afraid to weight it, it might send me on a blitz to get back down to 3100 lbs like my other car...
Old 09-02-2013, 11:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I went 12.30 on street tires... havent had luck with my new rear end setup but car shud be good for an 11 second pass... need more seat time. Mods are in sig!
Old 09-03-2013, 05:45 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZDER
I went 12.30 on street tires... havent had luck with my new rear end setup but car shud be good for an 11 second pass... need more seat time. Mods are in sig!
You have enough MPH for an 11 second pass
Old 09-03-2013, 07:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ZDER
That's a sweet pass to, definitely has 11's in it with more seat time...but rocker arms isn't an all internal bolt on motor

Just so you guys don't think that I am the one being a stickler, the way they have defined bolt on only is stock internals, stock oil pan, anything that touches the oil must be stock (no oil scrapers) and intake manifolds are limited to stock ls1 or ls6 intake manifolds (since the later years came stock with the ls6)

no valvetrain upgrades, cam, heads, etc.

Stall converters/clutches/gears are ok

I actually think we should make a Canadian list just for sh*ts and giggles and to create a little healthy competition. I think it also gives the gear heads that are regionally close to each other, someone to talk to about some proper setups and the ability to ask for some good help (which is hard to find these days) and not have to solely rely on shops

and you know...bragging rights
Old 09-03-2013, 07:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LETZRIDE
That's a sweet pass to, definitely has 11's in it with more seat time...but rocker arms isn't an all internal bolt on motor

Just so you guys don't think that I am the one being a stickler, the way they have defined bolt on only is stock internals, stock oil pan, anything that touches the oil must be stock (no oil scrapers) and intake manifolds are limited to stock ls1 or ls6 intake manifolds (since the later years came stock with the ls6)

no valvetrain upgrades, cam, heads, etc.

Stall converters/clutches/gears are ok

I actually think we should make a Canadian list just for sh*ts and giggles and to create a little healthy competition. I think it also gives the gear heads that are regionally close to each other, someone to talk to about some proper setups and the ability to ask for some good help (which is hard to find these days) and not have to solely rely on shops

and you know...bragging rights
Mike you know you can always call me,text me,pm me ect ect.

A good set of adjustable shocks,drag or V6 springs up front some nice stiff springs in the rear some RLCA's a PHD Bar and Torque arm with SFC's plus delete the front sway bar and the suspension is done.

A 3600,3800,4000 stall from Vig,Yank or FTI with a nice big cooler filled with Dex 6 and the tranny is good to go.

Don't delete the tq management when you tune it just massage it.

1 7/8ths headers with a 3"CB and your ready for bigger power down the road.

Get an aluminum DS in that thing as it probably has a steel one.

Get your 8.8 rear with 3.73's in that thing to get rid of the 2.73's

Get some MT DR's 275/40/17's or go 15"and use 275/50/15

Get some front skinnies aired to 40psi for a .05 gain.

Get rid of the rear seats and belts plus the spare and jack.

If you have leather trade for cloth seats plus some cash.

There is the recipe to run an 11 and get on the list
Old 09-07-2013, 04:30 PM
TECH Regular

I have my suspension setup with the QA1's I am likely going to swap over.

Don't worry, I'll be texting you soon to get this thing setup potently...

Has no one else ran as a bolt on only car?...
Old 09-09-2013, 03:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

best of 13.2 so far but a torque converter will lower that drastically next year. Those tires and rims I bought off you look great by the way.

Dale
Old 09-09-2013, 06:20 PM
TECH Regular

Glad you like em
Old 03-22-2015, 11:35 AM
TECH Regular

bumping this up for a new start to the race season around the corner.

Any other bolt on only cars cracking the 12.20 - 12.30 marks or are those the top guys right now?

I hoped to have my LT's on by the start of the season, but apparently my exhaust guy doesn't install LT's any more because they are a PITA...so I'll have to do it myself in the driveway which adds a delay to things.

All good though, just means the start of the season will see me make a pass with super dumbed down bolt ons and I'll see where I sit...still shooting for high 12's in current trim
Old 03-22-2015, 12:47 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LETZRIDE
bumping this up for a new start to the race season around the corner.

Any other bolt on only cars cracking the 12.20 - 12.30 marks or are those the top guys right now?

I hoped to have my LT's on by the start of the season, but apparently my exhaust guy doesn't install LT's any more because they are a PITA...so I'll have to do it myself in the driveway which adds a delay to things.

All good though, just means the start of the season will see me make a pass with super dumbed down bolt ons and I'll see where I sit...still shooting for high 12's in current trim
Your young and skinny...it should be a piece of cake

Get the car up as high as you can safely.

If a stock manifold bolt gets tight on the way out turn it back in then work it back out slowly.

Flip those coil packs out of the way,easiest way is to undo the valve cover bolts.

Most of the time the starter doesn't need to be taken out there is lots of room,just unhook the battery.

Put a bolt in the end of the dipstick tube so you don't crush it pulling it out with vice grips after you undo the hugely oversized(15mm) hold down bolt.

It goes back in easy with someone under the car guiding it after the headers are done.

I did mine in a freezing cold garage in early March.

My friends son in law who is a GM tech stopped by and seen them laid out on the floor and said they would never fit
Old 03-22-2015, 06:34 PM
Launching!

Well, this is interesting! Sadly, I have never gone down the strip, just enjoying the power, especially those 2nd and 3rd gear power slides on cool days! lol. One of the reasons I don't break stuff but I keep bouncing off the limiter at 6,300. It would be fun to get together, I need to check out the local meets this year :-)
Old 03-22-2015, 07:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by transamtom
Your young and skinny...it should be a piece of cake

Get the car up as high as you can safely.

If a stock manifold bolt gets tight on the way out turn it back in then work it back out slowly.

Flip those coil packs out of the way,easiest way is to undo the valve cover bolts.

Most of the time the starter doesn't need to be taken out there is lots of room,just unhook the battery.

Put a bolt in the end of the dipstick tube so you don't crush it pulling it out with vice grips after you undo the hugely oversized(15mm) hold down bolt.

It goes back in easy with someone under the car guiding it after the headers are done.

I did mine in a freezing cold garage in early March.

My friends son in law who is a GM tech stopped by and seen them laid out on the floor and said they would never fit

Haha, I am dreading the headers less and the poly motor mounts more ... unbolting the AC compressor and all wasn't in my list of "fun" things to do in a day hahaha.... I should just weight redux it and take it out entirely damn it!!

I just got done redoing all the power wires, starter is a breeze to take out anyways!

Well, this is interesting! Sadly, I have never gone down the strip, just enjoying the power, especially those 2nd and 3rd gear power slides on cool days! lol. One of the reasons I don't break stuff but I keep bouncing off the limiter at 6,300. It would be fun to get together, I need to check out the local meets this year :-)
Got to keep it interesting and give guys a little competition and something to aim for...
Old 03-23-2015, 02:51 AM
12 Second Club

My best ET bolt on was 12.36. Full weight minus the back seats plus an aftermarket stereo.

I have gone a best of 11.32 stock internal with 100 dry shot.

This past winter I did heads/cam and hope to get well into the 11's NA, then turn on the bottle for 10's
Old 03-23-2015, 01:53 PM
Teching In

my goal is to go 11's bolt on only. I did 12.4 @ 108 last season on street tires. traction out of the hole is tough with my yank SS4000 I have to peddle it.
I hope to get there soon with headers; 3.73 gears; drag radials; adjustable front shocks; weight reduction....including the driver weight reduction.

who currently has that Canadian bolt on record ?? Transamtom?? I guess I have to call you out then lol....

Dale
Old 03-23-2015, 06:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Brett H
My best ET bolt on was 12.36. Full weight minus the back seats plus an aftermarket stereo.

I have gone a best of 11.32 stock internal with 100 dry shot.

This past winter I did heads/cam and hope to get well into the 11's NA, then turn on the bottle for 10's
Shouldn't be hard to do!

my goal is to go 11's bolt on only. I did 12.4 @ 108 last season on street tires. traction out of the hole is tough with my yank SS4000 I have to peddle it.
I hope to get there soon with headers; 3.73 gears; drag radials; adjustable front shocks; weight reduction....including the driver weight reduction.

who currently has that Canadian bolt on record ?? Transamtom?? I guess I have to call you out then lol....

Dale
I think he does have it Dale!

I'll fire up a thread soon and we'll list out the top 10 or so... I'll lay out the rules, which will basically be the same as the thread I linked to. Guys can then post up in the thread and I'll update the list.

I just need to figure out the format I want to maximize bragging rights...

Right now I am thinking something along the lines of these categories:

Fastest Bolt on F-body (maybe LS1 and LT1?)

Fastest bolt on LS1 period (vettes, F-bodies, GTO's)

Fastest F-body Cam only (LS1 and LT1)

Fastest LS1 Cam only period (vettes, F-bodies and GTO's)

Fastest LS1 period- anything goes (must be a factory optioned LS1 car, so no swaps into a civic or some bs)

What's everyone think? I think that covers a range of builds on here and should let guys kinda know where they stand? It also might give other guys who are looking at building their car a "go to" outlet to maybe model their builds off of?

Verifications would be a timeslip + video or a timeslip + witness on the board or a timeslip + picture of the car with race number on it

Quick Reply: Fastest Canadian LS1 Bolt on only cars