Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Would you ship to Canada responses

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 08:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you ship to Canada responses

I'm starting to think that most Americans think Canada is in the middle east or something, trying to purchase something on here lately is beyond anoying.

Its bad enough I live in a part of Canada that is about 20 years behind in everything, but to see a deal and get either no response at all, or "its to much of a hassle", or shipping quotes that are retarded, due to all the "extra" work.

I could very well be out of line, but I really must be retarded to be so engulfed in this passion for performance, with the costs and stress to do any upgrades.

I envy all the guys in the south with so many enthusiasts to hang out with, so many shops that do the work locally, hell, having a tuner within 500kms would be nice.

Sorry for my rant, but somedays i have to wonder if buying gold clubs would make my life easier on my head.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

I buy from the USA all the time.

I have only had one guy complain about it.

Yesterday I bought some stuff from a veteran cross border shipper, I did not even have to ask for US Postal service. He knew.

I think it is a pain for them the first time, due to being a little diffferent process, but if they paid any attention at all. The next time is a cake walk.

What are you looking for anyway, I have a few thing I need to get for sale soon.

Good luck with it.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:19 AM
10 Second Club

I have bought many things from the usa also with no problems except if they ship ups and I get raped in fees
I always ask them to ship it usps and most have no problem with that
Old 03-18-2008, 09:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have bought a ton from the states and allot of this forrum as well. Only one guy had a aproblem with it and I offered to pay his asking price. Told him there was nothing different on his end to ship it out, thye just don't get it I guess. All in all no problems, I've shipped a few things to the states as well and NOTHING is different at all.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I shipped to Canada and the USPS priority mail shipped on the 5th and my buddy just got it the 17th(some priority huhh).....and the whole DUTY FEEs thing i think is total crap! i check the gift box for customs to try to help out a bit....
Old 03-18-2008, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

I guess ive just had some bad luck lately, ive been buying parts for years from the states, but lately its been worse.

Originally Posted by RAMPANT

What are you looking for anyway, I have a few thing I need to get for sale soon.

Good luck with it.
Well, ive got a pretty good list that i'm going to be looking for within the next month or so, including 243 CNC heads, fast 90, 90mm DBW TB, Cam, long tube headers, 4:10 gears, LSD, 4l60e upgrade parts.

This is what i can think of right now..pretty heavy list though
Old 03-18-2008, 10:35 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Canucktrux
I guess ive just had some bad luck lately, ive been buying parts for years from the states, but lately its been worse.

Well, ive got a pretty good list that i'm going to be looking for within the next month or so, including 243 CNC heads, fast 90, 90mm DBW TB, Cam, long tube headers, 4:10 gears, LSD, 4l60e upgrade parts.

hmm with a list like that If it were me I would get a post office box in the us
and pick it up

oh never mind I notice you are from NovaScotia that might be a long journey
Old 03-18-2008, 10:38 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Canucktrux

To bad I sold my Fast 90/90 in December. It went fast, no pun inteneded, well maybe a little.

Is this for the truck?

I do have a brand new Cloyes Hexadjust timing chain forsale right now, as well as a high end 90mm Nitrous plate kit, and I have been thinking of changing my gear ratio from the 4.11 (12 bolt though), but that is not certain right now till I see how the new motor responds to them.

I will keep an eye out for you on the TFBM forsale section. You may want to keep an eye open over there as well. They usually have a lot of LSx stuff as well.

http://forums.tfbm.org/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=3
Old 03-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Staging Lane

I ordered a 224r cam from texas speed, been backordered for several month's.
I ordered a converter from yank and I'm on week three and waiting, The money transferred from my visa already so I hope it shows up.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:04 PM
TECH Regular

yea...I just went through a bunch of crap to get some parts sent over...was like pulling teeth to find someone to ship me some parts...
Old 03-18-2008, 03:31 PM
10 Second Club

If you are doing new parts!

Jegs online is awesome. They tell you the shipping and brokerage before you buy. I ordered on a Monday night while travelling and it was delivered on Thrusday morning by Fedex with no extra charges. A very pleasant experience. The online catalog kind of sucks, so I used Summits for a part #, then used the number for a search on Jegs and all was good.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by RAMPANT
If you are doing new parts!

Jegs online is awesome. They tell you the shipping and brokerage before you buy. I ordered on a Monday night while travelling and it was delivered on Thrusday morning by Fedex with no extra charges. A very pleasant experience. The online catalog kind of sucks, so I used Summits for a part #, then used the number for a search on Jegs and all was good.
If you buy from jegs talk to Jennifer in international shipping she will combine the shipment so you only pay one brokerage fee.If you just order the parts you will pay a brokerage fee seperate for each item and for several items it could cost a hundred or more extra
Old 03-18-2008, 05:44 PM
FormerVendor

The border will get you everytime... Just call or email me with the part numbers and prices you have gotten.
Thanks
Dave
Old 03-18-2008, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

ive ordered cam package from tsp and other various stuff for my car and its kinda a pain with shipping to canada and costs and the border but its not bad. I do know what u mean about all the people in the states who pay like 5 bucks shipping or free shipping even in the lower 48. And i feel you on the tuner part. Theres guys everywhere. Here theres a few. Luckily Canadian Performance is pretty close and a known shop that does good work
Old 03-18-2008, 10:23 PM
12 Second Club

i deal with thunder racing and texas speed lots and never had a problem shipping over the border. Do not ship fedex or ups use usps and it is way cheaper. But takes a day or 2 longer.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 98nosz28
i deal with thunder racing and texas speed lots and never had a problem shipping over the border. Do not ship fedex or ups use usps and it is way cheaper. But takes a day or 2 longer.
Never really thought or looked into the comparison on USPS, will have to do that from now on. Thanks Ryan!
Old 03-19-2008, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

With USPS you don't get dinged for brokerage, and its hit or miss if you even half to pay the GST & PST. I had a $400 drum shipped from the states and no charges, but I had a $200 hihat stand and I paid around $40. I asked the guy at the post office and he said it depends on who the broker is at the USPS and lane.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:01 AM
10 Second Club

USPS is the best, but as I mentioned ealier, the JEGS online seems to have figured it out with Fedex. For a test I loaded up the cart with 4 items and about 300 in parts it showed $50 in GST and brokerage.

USPS will not charge any tax or brokerage on values under $50, so remember that when a used part is getting a value put on it.

The US pricing will always beat Canadians. I have a couple Canadian suppliers that have had very good prices too. They are not sponsors though.