Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

All is well!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default All is well!

Just wanted to drop in and say the back surgery was good and Im just laying back, following Dr instructions. I cant sit up for long at a time right now, and Im not WiFi , so I cant lay back and lap top it, to hang out with yall. I will get on here soon enough and be pestering the hell out of the regulars again. Im wearing the Car Craft / GMHTP mags out though!
Thanks for all the well wishes. Do a burnout for me when you get a chance, LOL
Old 03-09-2014, 02:12 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Good to hear man, just take it easy and recover!

And when the s10 is running, I'll get a victory burnout up ASAP.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad the surgery went well. Kick back and relax............and try not to go crazy. Eric L
Old 03-09-2014, 03:34 PM
Launching!

Glad things went well!

Bruce
Old 03-09-2014, 06:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 129 Likes on 116 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

We'll all be over to drink all your alcohol so it doesn't go bad while you're laid-up

Get better buddy, you'll have a lot to catch up on
Old 03-10-2014, 07:30 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey new school I really have not talked with you much but I just wanted to say hang in there buddy I have had 4 back operations with the last one being a fusion so I really feel for you it gets better
Old 03-10-2014, 08:24 PM
TECH Regular

Get better soon,,, take your time,, but walking is your best friend,, don't get stoved up tho.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:44 AM
6D9
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rest up buddy! Looking forward to you getting your 72 back to the track!
Old 03-11-2014, 09:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

what did you have done again? i wore out a good pair of walking shoes after my back surgery in Dec. i think it had something to do with the fact that oxycotton hydro coding wired me up like a crack head
Old 03-11-2014, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
what did you have done again? i wore out a good pair of walking shoes after my back surgery in Dec. i think it had something to do with the fact that oxycotton hydro coding wired me up like a crack head
I have the oxy wire head too, but have for 2 yrs now, LOL. They had to go in and scrape a bunch of ol arther off the L5S1, then remove the dried up disc and fuse it all together with plates and screws. I have 3 more that are trying to dry out on me above that one, but I will be ignoring them as long as I can. Ive been dealing with the L5 for 7-8 yrs, till I couldn't stand it anymore and then tried for 2 yrs to get the insurance to approve the surgery, while I popped dope pills. Now I just have to heal from this surgery, then get off the pills. Then I will be good to go, till the next one goes out and start all over. They didn't tell me hard work was a bad thing, so here I am broke down at 49 from busting my a$$ for 30+ yrs. I WAS a bad a$$ back in the day, though. WAS is the key word, LOL.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:50 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

Can you tell any difference yet? Any relief?
Old 03-18-2014, 05:09 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Got something that'll make you feel better......

A little Apple Pie
All is well!-applepie.jpg
Old 03-18-2014, 05:20 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug G

A little Apple Pie
Attachment 442571
Shouldn't that have a hazmat sticker on it? Or, at least flammable.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Doug G

A little Apple Pie
Attachment 442571
Always wanted to try dat stuff.... don't get it up here in Canada

Bruce
Old 03-18-2014, 07:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by newschool72
I have the oxy wire head too, but have for 2 yrs now, LOL. They had to go in and scrape a bunch of ol arther off the L5S1, then remove the dried up disc and fuse it all together with plates and screws. I have 3 more that are trying to dry out on me above that one, but I will be ignoring them as long as I can. Ive been dealing with the L5 for 7-8 yrs, till I couldn't stand it anymore and then tried for 2 yrs to get the insurance to approve the surgery, while I popped dope pills. Now I just have to heal from this surgery, then get off the pills. Then I will be good to go, till the next one goes out and start all over. They didn't tell me hard work was a bad thing, so here I am broke down at 49 from busting my a$$ for 30+ yrs. I WAS a bad a$$ back in the day, though. WAS is the key word, LOL.
I've had back issues for 40 years, so glad it's not to the point of having fusions done. The success rate on those things is < 50%, but I'm sure you don't want to hear that (sorry). I've got dessicated L3, 4, & 5 discs which are now thin enough for bone on bone contact (yippee!). That and arthritic facets, spinal arthritis, and stenosis. When it gets bad enough, I'll either do artificial discs or try stem-cell therapy... I've been on 'codone and soma "therapy" for 4 years and have not had a back spasm since. Just moving a little slow at times, but that's a small price to pay for mobility...

Good luck with your recovery!
Old 03-18-2014, 08:35 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by speedtigger
Shouldn't that have a hazmat sticker on it? Or, at least flammable.
Originally Posted by bitterman
Always wanted to try dat stuff.... don't get it up here in Canada

Bruce
Steve,
160 proof, Boss has this down pretty good now. LOL. Only makes a few gallons from time to time.
Bitterman,
Gotta come South of the border at some point
Old 03-18-2014, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hope you are feeling well enough to get up and around soon. Good thing is when you are able to, power tools and a sit stool are your friend when it comes to working on rear ends, or anything low on a vehicle that does not require a lot of stooping and heavy lifting.

I know when my back was mangled up and sore from pulling the muscles, I would sit on a short bar stool out beside the truck and just think of how to route things and secure things to make the project go faster once I got enough pain pills flowing through me to do a bit of bending and yelling at the **** that should have worked out!! LOL

Mine was alcohol related, thanks to Anheuser Busch (St. Louis, Mo) loading a trailer so heavy I could not get the pins to release to slide the trailer tandems..

Finally after 9 tries to do it alone I got a yard jockey driver to help me out and WALAA!! 4 hours later I am calling safety manager to head to home terminal so I can see company dr and then go home.

Best of luck with your recovery and like they said earlier, try to move around so you don't get all stoved up and then have to go through even more painful physical therapy to get back moving again.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you are doin ok. Get back to wrenchin soon, lol.

Got all of you beat, lol. 6 broken vertebrae last may, almost all my discs are shot thanks to a big *** door, lol. I lost 2 inches in height. Got a 35 degree curve, arthritis, and spondylothesis(spelling) and a bunch of other crap. Ill have to be cut open front and back, bone wedges in place of almost all my discs, screws, and rods majority of the way up my back. Big boy stuff, dangerous. Putting it off as long as possible, but its not looking good. Nerve damage is whats getting me. I refuse to take many pain pills, so Im usually just a big bitch. Good and bad days, take it as they come. Its been better lately. I need a big settlement, lol

Last edited by snook; 03-19-2014 at 06:41 AM.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the kind words guys. I wont single out quotes , but Im doing better every day. I have bad days, and especially nights but I walk without a pronounced limp for the first time in probably 10 yrs. My limits at this point are sitting up, lifting or bending much more than 30*. I can lay down or walk. I walk every day about a 1/4 to 1/2 mile a day at this point. I need to be up to a mile a day before I go back to the Dr in 3 weeks. I got that , no problem, .
Going into this surgery the DR was nervous about it because the x rays didn't look real bad. I had a bulge in the disc and arthritis in the joint, but he doesn't like to operate unless it looks really bad. When he got in there, he found that the disc was dried out and had multiple cracks in it. He was very excited to see that was the main problem, and told me he was batting 1000 on success rate on those surgeries ! So he got the arthritis off the vert, removed the dry disc, and fused it. I have 3 more discs that look to be going the same direction, but we will take those as they come. I cant stay at the computer much because I have to sit straight up. I have about 3 months before the bone should be fused and I should be able to resume my old life. By that I mean my life from over 3 yrs ago, like a job and a normal existence !
For me, getting off the pain meds will be as big a deal as the back being healed. Im cutting back big time right now and only take them when it gets really bad, like an 11 on a 1 to 10 scale! The withdrawals are a &!tch, but dang well worth it in the end.
Bummer is, my neck is next in line and is worse in the MRI than my back was. The vert below the one that was fused in 2012 has slipped big time. The Dr wanted to fix that before my back, but it doesn't give me as much physical issues as my back was, so I made the call to fix the back first.
Its obvious that more surgeries are in my future, but for now Im going to heal my back, get off the meds, and get my life back. Maybe it will be way down the road before I have to go through this crap again.
Thanks again for the well wishes and I am getting excited about my return to the track this fall, but with a pair of slide-a-links and hopefully a set of MT 295-45-17s out back ! Im closing in on my traction issues and feel pretty confident I will know what the ol 72 will do the next time out.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've found constant movement is best, then laying down, then standing still, and (worst of all) sitting upright. Just gotta figure out how to juggle those so you don't hurt too bad for too long. Gotta say, I love what the meds do (for me). At first I was skeptical about "getting hooked", but after 4 years w/o a back spasm, I'm sold. I don't crave them like a junkie, just appreciate what they allow me to get done that I'd never be able to do w/o them...

Quick Reply: All is well!