Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

parts co. warning

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 09:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parts co. warning

There are a lot of places to buy restoration parts for our cars and I am writing this to warn everyone to stay away from ground up /ss 396.com
I put a warning on the Camaro site and others started writing the same expernces with them and they deleted it and threatened to sue me if I told anyone about how I was treated.
I spent thousands with them and the give me 4 months of hell over 2 $50.00 trim parts that they sent damaged.
I can go into detail but I would be writing a book..all I can say is no manager should be swearing and threating a customer who just wants to know whats going on with his order..lies, threats, still no parts and was told to not buy from them again from the manager himself.
Another friend with a chevelle got a crushed 1/4 and they said it was his fault for not inspecting it in front of the ups guy..wich he did but the ups guy said it was not his problem and it looked to be damaged before it was boxed. He got 2 months of being put off by them before ordering from another company.
Anyone else with bad experences let everyone know so they do not make the same mistake.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wud like to add to ur protest, i had a similar expirience with andys auto sport. A looooong runaround. Followed by many answers of "we dont know what happened to ur order sir" i mean in this day and age of technology, u can track a freaking pizza from dominos on ur phone, but this million dollar company loses my order worth 250 bucks, and wants me to wait months for it to appear? Ha! Squeaky wheel gets his money back, and learns a lesson.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, ive since used only sponsors from this site, 6le and ws6store, and have had wonderful delivery service and support.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The vendors supporting sites seem to be a big problem.
on the team Camaro site I was banned from saying anything negative and all threads about them by me or anyone else deleted by ground up ss396.com.
on factory 5 I got screwed on wheels and waited for almost a year when I was told they were in stock..same thing happened.
also on pro touring ,I mentioned a x member did not fit and I was warned.
We need a car gut BBU.
I got screwed with my ls1 harness/reprograming and would be great to warn others but cant say anything on this site, also I want to order a hood for my new vette but some guys are having a problem with fitment ,service and quality but are too scared to say so I am scared to order.
Im not great at this computer stuff, but I wish someone would set up a aftermarket auto parts warning site..it would be great to read reviews before spending hard earned money on junk.

Quick Reply: parts co. warning