Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Hi, new guy, 00 SS

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 11:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi, new guy, 00 SS

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Steve and I just picked up my 00 SS 6mt a few days ago. Drove about 800 miles round trip in one day to pick it up. I have been searching craigslist for a few weeks looking for a nice SS and found this one down by Vegas. It had 56,000 miles on it and looked immaculate. The interior was like brand new and still has the new car smell. It has ceramic coated Hooker shorties and some kind of catback, looks custom. Yesterday I drove to Summit and got the SLP lid and skip shift eliminator for it. I will be lowering it and swapping wheels but will most likely do that this winter while there's snow on the ground. I can't believe they let these cars leave with so much wheel gap! I love the car and won't be selling it. I want to sell or trade these wheels since I hate chrome. They're Crager SS performance wheels 18x9 I believe.

Last edited by 87tpi; 10-28-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 87tpi
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Steve and I just picked up my 00 SS 6mt a few days ago. Drove about 800 miles round trip in one day to pick it up. I have been searching craigslist for a few weeks looking for a nice SS and found this one down by Vegas. It had 56,000 miles on it and looked immaculate. The interior was like brand new and still has the new car smell. It has ceramic coated Hooker shorties and some kind of catback, looks custom. Yesterday I drove to Summit and got the SLP lid and skip shift eliminator for it. I will be lowering it and swapping wheels but will most likely do that this winter while there's snow on the ground. I can't believe they let these cars leave with so much wheel gap! I love the car and won't be selling it. I want to sell or trade these wheels since I hate chrome. There Crager SS performance wheels 18x9 I believe.
Nice car... what are you looking to trade the wheels for?
Old 10-20-2013, 07:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Vyrulent
Nice car... what are you looking to trade the wheels for?
Just something non chrome. I like this style but... I'd take some stock SS, Zo6, or ZR1's.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 87tpi
Just something non chrome. I like this style but... I'd take some stock SS, Zo6, or ZR1's.
I got some C5 Z06 black with polished lip but I'm way in texas
Old 10-20-2013, 09:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice car! Don't forget to get a different shifter that thing looks so damn tall!
Old 10-20-2013, 10:10 PM
Teching In

Yeah, I'll be doing the shifter, lowering it, maybe a cam this winter while it's sitting. I'm buying a 4runner for the snow so I can't spend much right now.

Quick Reply: Hi, new guy, 00 SS