Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

lq4 swap from my truck to fbody, HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 11:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lq4 swap from my truck to fbody, HELP

I have a 99 sierra that i put a LQ4 in, and in the never ending quest to go faster I've decided to pull the motor from the truck and put it into a 98-02 fbody. I found a 98 camaro z28 roller with a 6pt cage, missing motor trans and driveshaft. What would I need to put the motor from my truck to a fbody? I assume I'd need Motor Mounts, LS1/6 Intake as mine has a TBSS Intake. I have a an ASP underdrive pulley on the LQ4 right now, and ive read i have to swap to f body from accessories? I gonna try to do this all in 3 days, so Im trying to gather as much info as possible to be able to complete my goal. Just trying to figure out whats different from truck motors to ls1 so I can prepare for the task. Ive searched and found nothing specific to what I'm doing. There are threads on Lq4 swaps but none stating differences in say mounts and such.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:40 PM
On The Tree

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ll-needed.html
Old 12-23-2013, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

Clearly you should just sell me the LQ4

But no really, can't help ya here, sorry. Why not find a drop in LS that came in it to start with? Wont you have to replace the motor in the truck anyway?

Quick Reply: lq4 swap from my truck to fbody, HELP