Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

California smog help

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default California smog help

Anybody know star smog station in southern California that can help me with passing smog? I have long tubes. PM me with help. Thanks
Old 05-18-2014, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Star stations adhere to higher standards than normal ca smog stations. Long tubes WILL NOT PASS SMOG because they change the location of the smog equipment (cats).
If you want to run long tubes, you will have to temporally swap to manifolds then swap back every 2 years.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by aqadavey1
Star stations adhere to higher standards than normal ca smog stations. Long tubes WILL NOT PASS SMOG because they change the location of the smog equipment (cats).
If you want to run long tubes, you will have to temporally swap to manifolds then swap back every 2 years.
Do you even live in Cali? There are ways around this.. usually runs about 150-250...
Old 05-18-2014, 12:25 PM
TECH Resident

OP try posting up in the Western Section you might find someone willing to help you out.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Your best bet is to find an old run down inspection station in a bad part of town, a run down facility that sees their share of beaters. The sniffer tests are hard to beat since it hooks up with DMV computer directly but a tech can put your car in gear or drive, lowering rpms and may reduce emissions enough for it to pass. The big sticker shops aren't going to do that, I mean why would they risk losing their credentialing for 1 sticker? I don't want to bore you with horror stories, but I lived there for 18 years and just couldn't take it anymore.

Quick Reply: California smog help