Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which clutch setup with swap?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 11:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which clutch setup with swap?

Just curious what people have done for a clutch set up, z bar or hydraulic? I modified my z bar to work for my swap, lsx with tremec 5 speed, first gen camaro. I don't know how happy I am with it though. I have only had the car out for a couple of shake down runs. Weather up here in RI has put the car in the garage for the remainder of the winter. So my question is, for guys who have done swaps in older cars and done hydraulic set ups, what set up did you use, and are you happy with the results. I have heard that you lose the feel of the clutch with a hydaulic set up, do you feel thats the case. Any imput would be appreciated. Looking for a possible winter project.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most people use the T56, and keep the T56's hydraulic setup. I'm using the ATS master cylinder and mounting plate.

I prefer hydraulic, then cable a distant 2nd, and pretty much hate the Z-bar. It's been a long time since I've driven a car with a Z-bar linkage, but I remember feeling the chassic flex through the clutch pedal a heckuva lot more than I felt the clutch itself. The hydraulic setup with the LS7 clutch is really sweet.