Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lsx into C4 Vette

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lsx into C4 Vette

Alittle background. I have built two FC Rx-7s one LT-1 and one LS1 in TII. With the LS1 I was beginning to have rear end problems. Those rear ends just don't hold up well to abuse. I have sold both cars and looking into the idea of swapping an LS1 w/ t-56 into a C4 Vette. I have read a few threads on this site and on a few others. Basically the same thread just copied and paste. I know it would be good to find a C4 with a manual, those have the Dana44 rear. I believe that any manual 89 or newer with have either 3.33 or 3.54 gears. As far as mount kits. I believe that speedhound sells the brackets to mount the motor. My question is what is done with the C-beam to mount the t-56. I haven't found any good info on this. I'm also guessing people are modding the stock driveshaft. I know RX7 guys us them with their swaps since they are aluminum. Wiring I'm not worried about wanting to gut the car and run aftermarket gauges.
Another question, the Melrose Headers don't seem like they are long tubes from the pics I've seen. Do they make decent power compared to LTs?
Any other info on this swap would be great. But doesn't seem like there is much out there on the web.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The melrose are lts ant the spped hound mounts move the engine forward 1/4 of an inch.The headers and mounts used on C4orce from Corvette Fever magazine.not sure about the t56