Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel system question

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default fuel system question

Does any body know what adaptors fit the spectra fuel tank from rock auto parts? I purchased the 69 camaro FI tank with the in tank pump. I am about to order the fuel lines and I dont know what fittings I need for the supply or return lines. I was going to run braided line with an fittings.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Same problem!!!!!

I went to Ace hardware and bought a 3/8 inverted flare female union. then I got a 3/8 to npt adapter. Once you adapt to npt you can adapt to an and you are good to go. I struggled with this crap for weeks and still am waiting to hear back from North coast muscle as to what fittings I need. Nobody has been even remotely helpful. The Fitting size is 3/8ths So you need a 3/8ths female 45 degree inverted flare to 3/8ths npt fitting. If you need any other help you can call me after 5 eastern time at (407) 353-3249. I am going through the exact same thing. My name is Justin
Old 06-30-2009, 10:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Do you have a picture perhaps? Do you have fittings in the tank already, or just straight pipe? Several companies make them, Russell, Aeromotive etc.....put up a picture or a link to the tank so we can get you going...

T,
Old 06-30-2009, 03:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I might suggest looking into coverting it to AN fittings.. Just a bit more secure and many of the manufactor have adapter of all type... compression to AN, flares to AN, QD to AN..etc.. But the hardware 45 deg flare are a less costly way.