Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issues with vehicle not starting

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Issues with vehicle not starting

I am posting this thread for a buddy of mine who I have been helping with his car. He made a post in the Pcm and Tuning forum on here (here is the thread with a video: https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...deo-added.html) but I have a feeling/faith in you guys to know a bit more about these not starting issues. First off some background info, the car is a 99 Camaro SS which previously had a 454 LSX motor in it. The car ran fine before but had issues with burning oil. To solve this he had it re-built and it is now a 443 with the LSX block still.

We got the motor installed and checked all the connections and all the engine will do is start and run for a second then die. We have monitored spark and fuel pressure and they are both good the entire time never falling off. Which leads me to the conclusion that for some unknown reason the injectors are only opening for that first second then staying closed. He has replaced the crank, cam, and TPS sensors and deleted VATS. Some of the sensors are used but from supposedly good running cars. We have also tried using another computer he has that had a locked tune on it and the symptoms are the same. We also drained the tank and added new gas. None of these changes have made a difference. We are really scratching our heads on this one and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:39 PM
TECH Resident

I know guys I am pretty stumped myself but no idea is too trivial at this point.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:17 PM
TECH Resident

Problem Solved! The cam sensor plug was in the MAP sensor and the MAP sensor plug was in the cam sensor. Seems odd that these would be the same plug but this engine also has these sensors in a different location than the original harness was designed for. I knew it would be something simple!

Quick Reply: Issues with vehicle not starting