Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jaguar lt1

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jaguar lt1

well been working on a 90 xjs installed 96 ss lt1 about 80%done. has anyone done a jag converion would like to share any ideas.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

I'm nearly done with a '88 XJS with a LSX and the information out there is pretty much non-existant, but there is quite a bit on the earlier SBCs

This website has a lot of information on the Jaguar installation of the pervious generation small blocks like the LT1

http://forums.jag-lovers.org

Look in the forums for 'Lumps' and the search engine is ok. There are several articles on motor mounts and other conversion details too.

There is a book out there by Mike Kell (sp?) that walks you through how to do it but there isn't much for the injection cars just carbs. I think Jags-that-run sells them. You can also get it through Summit or Jegs I think.

There is a guy in California named Andrew Weinberg (again I'm not sure of the spelling) that sells kits and components for the conversion of the Jags and his website is http://www.jaguarspecialties.com/. He's incredibly helpful even if your not usin his kit.

Hope this helps
Phil
Old 12-04-2009, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everything Phil said is pretty much dead on. The Jag-Lovers site is a good place to ask questions, even specific ones. There are a few guys with LT1 XJS cars that will answer questions for you.

Andrew from Jaguar Specialties also sells quite a few products that will help with you conversion.

-Dave
Old 12-13-2009, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Hi. I did a LT-1/4-L60E into my 85 Jaguar XJ-6 several years ago. It worked great. I used the John's Cars delux kit(think that was what he called it -- kind high priced but..). It was pretty straight-forward and performed well. Jim's Performance did the harness work using the stock harness -- super job. Car performed w/o problems for well over 20k miles. Always had a very slight water pump leak (probably the donor car may have been hit in the front). Finally the moisture got to the timing and knocked out the crank-fire dizzy. Anyway, the engine/trans were better the the Jag I used so I moved on to another project. Overall, it was a great combo.

Kin Cobb in NC (jaguar1kc@yahoo.com -- if I can supply any info)
Old 01-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Teching In

Default 90 jaguar lt1/lt4 hot cam

almost done will post pic soon having some small problems with belts not alining up right .small problem.waiting on fan harnrness from techrods good product but slow .its coming along slow but it will get there soon.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome, definitely post some pics!
Old 01-06-2010, 06:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wanted to put an LS1 into one of these so bad

Quick Reply: jaguar lt1