Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 LS2 GTO into a 68-72 A-Body

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 LS2 GTO into a 68-72 A-Body

Hello all I am new to the side and love all the info I have found, However there is alot to sift through. So I was wondering if somone could streamine what I need to do a LS2 Swap. I am currently working on a 68 Chevelle, and found a 06 Drive by Wire GTO engine and trans that I like and the price seems right. It comes complete with pedal and harness. I would like to know where I can get the harness modified, or even what needs to be done to the harness in terms of what needs to be removed. Is this something I can do myself? Then where do I get the computer taken care of, geting rid of the security stuff and all eronious opperations. Any help with this project would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to reading and learning from you all.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LonghornSS
Hello all I am new to the side and love all the info I have found, However there is alot to sift through. So I was wondering if somone could streamine what I need to do a LS2 Swap. I am currently working on a 68 Chevelle, and found a 06 Drive by Wire GTO engine and trans that I like and the price seems right. It comes complete with pedal and harness. I would like to know where I can get the harness modified, or even what needs to be done to the harness in terms of what needs to be removed. Is this something I can do myself? Then where do I get the computer taken care of, geting rid of the security stuff and all eronious opperations. Any help with this project would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to reading and learning from you all.
Headers/Fbody manifolds, Engine Mounts, Different Oil Pan. Program the computer, You may want to change the accessory drive to a Corvette LS2 or use and after market setup.

Speartech can build a custom or modify your stock harness. I had a stock Automatic harness and I am running a TKO500 so I opted to sell the harness/automatic tranny control unit and had one built from scratch.

I think speartech and reprogram computers also.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Read up on the A-Body Sticky at the top of the forum.. most of us A-Body guys have posted Project tread and post on doing the A-Body's.

You can mail order the harness and PCM for new or converted ones. Or you can mod an existing one that you have. I used Jesse at Wait4meperformance for a Mail order tune to flash out all of the junk that is not needed and a minor tune to get mine started. If fired up 1st crank and I have had it tuned since.. ! They also do harnes.. Currentperformance, EFI Connection, etc. they are all sponsor here on this forum.

Many of the sponsor can help out with wiring.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Staging Lane

To be honest the wiring and electronic aspect of the swap has become very easy. I did not get a computer or harness with my engine so i bought a new custom made harness and tuned computer. There are several options if you go this route like mentioned above. You could also modify yours to work or have some one else modify it for you.

The harder part of the swap is getting everything to fit (oil pan, headers) and setting up the fuel system. The more research you do the better.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:14 PM
9 Second Club/LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bczee
Currentperformance, EFI Connection, etc. they are all sponsor here on this forum.
Really? Where you do get your information?

91 Z28 LS2 408CI, LS9 Supercharger, LPE GT7 cam, Yank3000, 3450 raceweight.
Latest numbers: 9.71 ET, 141.42 MPH, 1.40 60' , 610 RWHP Mustang Dyno

www.speartech.com