Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2/LS3 valley cover seals/gaskets??

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 11:00 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LS2/LS3 valley cover seals/gaskets??

I tried this in the GEN lV external forum and got no response, so I'd like to ask it here if it's all right with mods? Anybody know the part #'s for the LS2/LS3 non -DOD valley cover gasket and the o-rings that seal the DOD towers, or whatever they are called?? Thanks, Ron
Old 01-05-2010, 06:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I searched last night for those p/n's and never did find them. If the engine isn't complete, you can do like I did for the towers. I turned the block upside down on the stand and tapped them for 1/8" pipe plugs. Put grease on the tap and then finish cleaning the holes with a shop vac. Use Allen head plugs so they go down flush.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:34 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1MCSS
I searched last night for those p/n's and never did find them. If the engine isn't complete, you can do like I did for the towers. I turned the block upside down on the stand and tapped them for 1/8" pipe plugs. Put grease on the tap and then finish cleaning the holes with a shop vac. Use Allen head plugs so they go down flush.
Thanks for the reply. I had thought about trying that, but the chance of getting metal in the engine had, so far, made me too nervous to try it. Your suggestion could work and solve the problem of sealing the towers. What did you do about the cover gasket/seal. From the pictures I've seen, it looks to be an o-ring type seal, sorta like the one on a valve cover? Are there any others that will work, like LS1, etc, OR....did you just use the stock DOD cover? With the set screws down flush....would that work?? Ron

Quick Reply: LS2/LS3 valley cover seals/gaskets??