Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 auto wiring harness and computer, wish it were for manual

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2003 auto wiring harness and computer, wish it were for manual

I have the opportunity to buy a 2003 (and similar years) LS wiring harness. I was looking for a manual harness with a computer for a manual since I plan on using a non-computerized transmission in my conversion. I have heard that it is best to go with a manual transmission computer and harness for this setup to work easier. The problem is that the computer and harness I have found is for an automatic computerized transmission LS motor. The guy selling it stated that it isn't a big deal, that you just dont plug the automatic transmission wires in, and it will work. Is this true? I plan on reprogramming the PCM, so it being automatic isn't a huge deal, but I need the harness to work.

It's DBW and I believe these years had a seperate computer for an auto trans, but am unsure.

It's a good deal, or I would simply wait.

Help.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 98 Likes on 68 Posts

Wink

VSS connector is different. Need to delete skip shift in PCM file. Leave trans unplugged (dud) and load a manual trans file and you are good to go. Delete all trans codes and set up speedo settings for M6 trans. Piece of cake for any tuner. Reverse light and skip shift is simple.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aknovaman
VSS connector is different. Need to delete skip shift in PCM file. Leave trans unplugged (dud) and load a manual trans file and you are good to go. Delete all trans codes and set up speedo settings for M6 trans. Piece of cake for any tuner. Reverse light and skip shift is simple.
Would I even have to worry about the vss since my transmission won't have that connection anyway?
Old 04-18-2010, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 98 Likes on 68 Posts

Only if you want to have a speedo when using a electronic trans. It's NA for TH350, Th400 or pwr glide. VSS sends signal to PCM then outputs correct ratio aplicable to gears and tire size when driving an electronic dash speedo.

Quick Reply: 2003 auto wiring harness and computer, wish it were for manual