Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nova / Camaro LS swap input and questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nova / Camaro LS swap input and questions

Ok here is the deal. I have been making motor mount plates and various other stuff for conversions. I have bought another 71 Nova that I am putting a LS6 / T56 combo in. I have decided to use every possible part off a 4 gen camaro in this swap. I have my procharged 72 that is done. I am going to be mocking up a rack an pinion mount to use the rack out of a 4th gen. I have brake brackets designed and in use on my car and pretty much figured out how to use 4th gen brakes on the gm spindles. Everything to date that I have done and have designed is a 100% bolt on. I will be uploading some pics shortly. I know BRP for while was modding subframes on these cars and using the camaro rack, but I am going to try and leave it a rear steer and make it 100% bolt in. I know the pan is going to be an issue but we will have to see how hard that is to work around. I am water jetting and powder coating all of my parts.

What else have you guys wanted to use off a another car to transplant into yours.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I will follow yours. as I am doing my 71 now..

I would think that a rear steer R&P might not work if you can not get it high enough to make sure you take all of the Bump Steer out of the setup. But let us know if you can get it position right and how much of the pan need to be notched ?

I am going to use the LS1 Brakes (F/R) from a 02' Z28.. as well as the drop of LS1/A4. looks like the Radiator/Fans can be workable too with some of the support trimming..

post some pictures soon !