Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hot Engine

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot Engine

Well my engine keeps getting above normal engine temp. When i drive the temp goes back to normal so was suspecting the cooling fan wasnt coming on. I checked the fans with a SnapOn Solus scan tool and the fans turn on when commanded on. So I know all the electrical connections are good. It seems as if the PCM won't send the signal to the relays when the fan should come on. Since the motor was a 02 it had a 2 wire temp sensor. I switched to the 98 3 wire so i can have a temp gauge that works. Any Ideas?

I swapped a LS1 into my 96.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:02 PM
On The Tree

What temp do you have the fans commanded to come on at? What temp is it getting up to?

BTW Army Sucks sucka : )
Old 07-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Staging Lane

haha, you again!

I didn't adjust the temp for the fans to come on, its whatever is stock. I let it get up to 228 before i decided to command on the high speed fan and bring the temp back down.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

How did you splice in the wiring harness? i'd say go through wiring and see if you have anything frayed or damaged and maybe start with the temp sensor. You can ohm them out and see if it's reading right or buggered up. There's other ways to rig up the fans using a relay harness for the fans if you can't get them to turn on.

I'm using a Mark VIII fan and a relay kit from Hollister Road Company in my swap.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Staging Lane

I am going to switch back the sensor and see if that makes a difference. If not I think I am going to give the low speed fan ign power and the high speed fan on a switch that i control in the cabin. I know all the connections are good since I can command the fans on with a scan tool.

Quick Reply: Hot Engine