Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spectra EFI tank for 68-72 Nova ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 11:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Spectra EFI tank for 68-72 Nova ?

Does anyone have information with the Spectra tanks, Do they make on for the 3rd gen Nova (X-Body) with a intank fuel pump (and sump ?).

Or a good source for one or information to question ?

Thanks
Old 07-13-2010, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

As far as I know they don't yet. If you google spectra gas tank, their site should come up something like tanks-to-pans...
I was hoping they did for my swap as well. I was thinking about buying a 69 camaro tank they make with the intank pump, and modding the filler neck, but at $450 for the tank, I decided to try to mod my stock tank first.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I called tank-to-pans a few weeks ago, they said that Spectra had stopped making one of the part numbers that is for the 1st gen camaro because they were trying to fix an issue with the fuel pump or something. That might have changed by now, but the lady told me that they had them on order since May (I think), and they had not yet received any of that particular part number. (I also had the idea about buying a camaro tank and changing the filler neck.)

Also, the reason I called in the first place was to find out about a 3rd gen nova tank and she said that they had not heard anything about Spectra making a tank for the 68-72 novas.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah.. I had tried googling it, Saw that Tanks to pan site.. but came up blank for a EFI tank for 3rd gen X-body ... I guess I am back to my original plan that I would have mod one.

Anyone got a good tank setup, either done or in the plan. I know about the TankINC setup and might use that with some other ideas. Pictures would be good. I've seen some using the TanksINC setup already... but still looking.

Thanks.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

I've got a link at home to using a regular F-body bucket. The guy makes and adapter ring you weld on. Gonna use it on my wagon. The f-body bucket is internally regulated, and also the return is right there. They have a how to on their site, actually pretty cool, IMO. Racetronics has the entire F-body assembly for less than 200 bucks I think...I'll post it this evening.

T,
Old 07-13-2010, 03:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 79 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by bczee
I've seen some using the TanksINC setup already... but still looking.
Have you found any threads talking about the actual performance of the TanksInc setup? I have found a few where people show installs, but I'm interested in how well those setups actually work.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Good question.. I know they have 3 or 4 different levels of pump.. and the top one being the Walbo 255 one.. which usually good enough for a mild built Gen III / IV engine at 57psi as required.
I would not think the performance be any different between the Walbo pump of the same spec/models !?!?

Anyone got opions on performance of the TanksINC setup ?
Old 07-13-2010, 05:36 PM
TECH Resident

Check this out.....I like this whole idea...

http://www.vetteworksonline.com/ls1_conversion_fuel.htm

T,
Old 07-13-2010, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by TomM
Check this out.....I like this whole idea...

http://www.vetteworksonline.com/ls1_conversion_fuel.htm

T,
Thanks for posting that up TomM... I've been looking like that for a while

The only thing I'm wondering is how deep is the f-body fuel pump assy? I'm thinking it's deeper than would fit in most of the musclecar fuel tanks...maybe with some modding
Old 07-13-2010, 07:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

+1 on the depth of the bucket.. most of the muscle era cars have very shallow tank.. 4-7". Anyone have a sender setup that they can messure ?

But I like the simple setup and cost is very good. The TankINC setup had to be shorten on my A and F Body setups that I've seen.

Kinda wish I had not sold the Tank and sender setup from the 02 now...LOL.. like it always happens, if you got it, you will never need it.. once you get rid of it. you'll sure enough need it ! LOL...
Old 07-13-2010, 07:05 PM
TECH Resident

I think somewhere in there it mentioned like +\-9 inches, but I have seen folks shorten the bucket by taking it apart, and cutting the rods off, and the hoses. I am really anxious to try this, as it is sump, supply, return, regulator, all in one package.......this could be off to the side, and keep the stock 90 ohm sender, just ditch the f-body sender and wiring....

I guess you could build a mini sump in your tank for the bucket to sit in.....

I hear ya on getting rid of stuff. I have learned that unless I have two, hold onto it until the end of the build.....LOL.

T,
Old 07-13-2010, 07:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

[QUOTE=bczee;13595196

Kinda wish I had not sold the Tank and sender setup from the 02 now...LOL.. like it always happens, if you got it, you will never need it.. once you get rid of it. you'll sure enough need it ! LOL...[/QUOTE]

LOL. You are soooooooooooooooo correct.

Might want to try www.rockauto.com instead of www.tanks-to-pans.com . Roxkauto was like $140.00 CHEAPER (or so IIRC) when I bought one for my 70 Camaro.

Quick Reply: Spectra EFI tank for 68-72 Nova ?