Sponsored by:

2010 camaro manifolds for a fox swap?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 06:30 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=Robert chandler;18441005]
Originally Posted by boostnut
Wondering if anybody has tested the fitment of 2010 camaro exhaust manifolds with an LS swap in a fox? There was a recent post that stated they fit but no clarification on issues with the steering shaft & no pics. Anybody else give this application a shot? [/QUOtTE]
They won't without modify them just tried on 91 coupe I am trying to do some modifying to get left one to work 99-2002 won't either
Well, that sucks. What k-member &mounts are you using?
Old 09-23-2014, 08:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Same question for you, boostnut - which K-member & mounts are you using?

As someone said a couple years ago, the Fox and SN95 aren't that different, particularly for your '95 GT that still had a 5.0L instead of the 4.6L, so it's weird that a couple Fox guys have chimed in that the Camaro manifolds don't work for them.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ers-etc-3.html

See posts 54, 57, and 58.

I don't believe the 2010 Camaro manifolds will fit with a 4.6L k member and 4.6L motor mounts with adapters. This k member and motor mount option is great if you want to use truck oil pan because it sets the engine very high in the engine bay and the pan clears the steering rack, but most likely the 2010 Camaro exhaust flange will hit the steering shaft.

The motor mounts I made for my car now use the Holley 302-2 pan but were originally built for the fbody oil pan. With the engine dropped in the chassis using the new mounts the 2010 Camaro manifolds fit perfect. I can post some pics later with the steering shaft installed if anyone is interested.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:01 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm running the AJE k-member and AJE mounts trimmed and flipped. I did this in order to get the engine back against the firewall and down as low as possible. You can't get a finger between my oil pan (F-body) and the k-member.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:04 AM
12 Second Club

Take a look at my build, you may be able to mod them a little to fit. I narrowed them by 3" total They cut and weld just like the truck manifolds.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It might be interesting to take some measurements of engine location relative to some engine bay features to see where the various kits place the engine. IE, engine drop relative to pinch weld, engine setback relative to front of strut towers, engine offset left to right relative to inner frame rails, etc. Actually SSSTANG#1 is looking for the same type of info in a different post about Team Z k members. Taking the measurements and building some type of informal database may be interesting.

My engine is back about 3.75" behind where a 5.0 would have been (approx .660" back from where the 4.6L mounts placed it) and is down about 1.85" from where the 4.6L mounts placed it, and the 2010 Camaro manifolds fit nearly perfect in my 1991. I can take the measurements tonight to determine absolute location.

boostnut's engine is back and down also, and his appear to fit an SN95 as nicely as mine fit my Fox.

Yet some do not fit at all, and I suspect those engines are high and forward.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Pics are in post #64
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...l#post18452230

Here is where my engine is located in my engine bay, and the manifolds fit perfect:

Vertical measurement is 8 1/2" from top of valley cover to center of pinch weld.

Fore/aft measurement the engine is 20.0" from the firewall directly above the pinch weld to the front machined surface on the block where the timing cover mounts. Centered on engine.

Crank center from the inside of pass side frame rail is about 14 7/8" and about 17 1/8" to the inside of drivers frame rail.

Engine leans back at a 2.1 deg angle as measured relative to the bottom of the frame rails.

Quick Reply: 2010 camaro manifolds for a fox swap?