Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam for my carb lq4???????

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam for my carb lq4???????

Got a 2007 lq-4/4l80e in my 1968 Impala convertible. Ebelbrock carb intake (Edlebrock msd ignition box) with Quick fuel 770cfm carb and longtube headers, 2.5 inch exhaust/thrust turbo mufflers. TCI trans controller with stock converted. 3.55 gear with posi rolling 20 inch boss 338 wheels.

Any suggestions on a cam to make thing LS-motor roar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH1sZz1gjBU
Old 06-06-2011, 11:49 PM
TECH Regular

google Flow Tech Induction and give them a call for a custom cam.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:47 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks
Old 06-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Staging Lane

bump........
Old 06-07-2011, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Could also contact Texas Speed and Performance (texas-speed.com) and ask their opinion. They're who I went to for my cam selection.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Theres a guy here on the forum named Pat-G, he's specd quite a few cams for the guys here on the forum, do a search and pm him. Are you planning on changing the converter or you want to retain the stock one? There are few things you're gonna have to consider when it comes to upgrading the cam but nothing that cant be handled. Also, and im not knocking your swap, it looks to be a well executed build, but why all the trouble of running an electronic trans and controller with a carbed engine instead of going efi and having one pcm controlling the entire drivetrain?
Old 06-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by deuce4935
Theres a guy here on the forum named Pat-G, he's specd quite a few cams for the guys here on the forum, do a search and pm him. Are you planning on changing the converter or you want to retain the stock one? There are few things you're gonna have to consider when it comes to upgrading the cam but nothing that cant be handled. Also, and im not knocking your swap, it looks to be a well executed build, but why all the trouble of running an electronic trans and controller with a carbed engine instead of going efi and having one pcm controlling the entire drivetrain?
Yeah changing the converter is on the to do list. As for the efi, believe me I tried and i tried real hard, but between blogging and researching my car had been out of service due to this swap since feb of 2008. I am good with my hands and catch things pretty quick, but the electronic ghost of efi gave me the flux, so one day during the summer of 2010 I decide to just simplify the complication and go carb. Would have loved to have kept the novelty of efi, But lack of time (I work 50-70 hours a week) and lack of ls swap knowledgeable buddies I caved in.

I am the first of my group of hot rodding buddies doing an ls-swap. They are still doing sbc and bbc. And other then some high dollar shops who were probably more then willing to help $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, resources for trouble shooting was limited.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by deuce4935
http://www.youtube.com/user/tmt3800#p/u/42/IH19cpgyNhw

I tried believe me I tried, but drive by wire and a few other electronic glitches knocked me out.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:28 AM
TECH Junkie

I'd call Allan Futral (Futral Motorsports)....he made my custom cam to fit my application and did a great job at that.

Quick Reply: Cam for my carb lq4???????