Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom engine mounts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2021, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom engine mounts?

I知 looking into putting an ls motor into my 1994 subaru loyale, but i知 having a hell of a time finding any motor mounts for this application. This build has not been done yet to my knowledge so that makes it much harder to find any parts or knowledge on this swap. Any input on a swap like this would be helpful, finally got tired of boxer engines blowing up on me.
Old 05-03-2021, 09:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,394 Likes on 880 Posts

Originally Posted by lsloyale
I知 looking into putting an ls motor into my 1994 subaru loyale, but i知 having a hell of a time finding any motor mounts for this application. This build has not been done yet to my knowledge so that makes it much harder to find any parts or knowledge on this swap. Any input on a swap like this would be helpful, finally got tired of boxer engines blowing up on me.
Can you weld and do fabrication work? Since this is now a common swap, you are not going to find any sort of bolt-in mounts.

Andrew
Old 05-03-2021, 09:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,022 Likes on 2,353 Posts

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
Can you weld and do fabrication work? Since this is NOT a common swap, you are not going to find any sort of bolt-in mounts.

Andrew
Fixed it for ya.....
Old 05-03-2021, 06:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 463 Likes on 349 Posts

Fab 'em up -- then show us what you came up with. There were a couple of sources for my swap, but I didn't like where the placed the engine (too high, too close to the steering shaft) so I made my own.

Quick Reply: Custom engine mounts?