Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dbw help please. accel pedal isnt doing anything

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dbw help please. accel pedal isnt doing anything

I have a dbw system off a 2005 cadillac escalade, and pcm from the same truck. the accelerator pedal is not responding.

The car starts up and idles. the app plug is getting 5V on the pins G (white/black) and B (purple). the throttle body motor is getting 5V at pins H and E.

while the car is running, if i unplug the tac, i dont hear a change in engine noise. when i plug it back in, i hear a slight change and back to the normal engine noise.

while the engine is not running, and key is in the on position, i can manually move the throttle blade.

any help please :[
Old 08-28-2011, 08:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zeeshan
I have a dbw system off a 2005 cadillac escalade, and pcm from the same truck. the accelerator pedal is not responding.

The car starts up and idles. the app plug is getting 5V on the pins G (white/black) and B (purple). the throttle body motor is getting 5V at pins H and E.

while the car is running, if i unplug the tac, i dont hear a change in engine noise. when i plug it back in, i hear a slight change and back to the normal engine noise.

while the engine is not running, and key is in the on position, i can manually move the throttle blade.

any help please :[

How does it idle? is it lower than it should?
My DBW TB just went out on me, it starts but the pedal does nothing, if i floor it, it kinda changes the idle. But ever since the TB broke it idles very low
Old 08-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 74novacustom
How does it idle? is it lower than it should?
My DBW TB just went out on me, it starts but the pedal does nothing, if i floor it, it kinda changes the idle. But ever since the TB broke it idles very low
to be honest i dont know if its idling low or high. sounds fine to me. here's a video of it idling on open headers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChPds...el_video_title
Old 08-29-2011, 02:18 AM
Teching In

i fixed it. it ended up being a corroded connector causing the tac to have a difference of voltages for app sensor 1 and app sensor 2, causing reduced engine power mode.

Quick Reply: dbw help please. accel pedal isnt doing anything