Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removal of wiring harness from 05 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Removal of wiring harness from 05 GTO

I am starting a LS2 swap from an 05 GTO and pulled the engine/tranny today. We removed the main harness and modules but at what point should I remove/cut the harness on the pass side where it goes in the car?

Should I take/use the GTO fuse/relay box as well?
Old 12-14-2011, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by big johhny
I am starting a LS2 swap from an 05 GTO and pulled the engine/tranny today. We removed the main harness and modules but at what point should I remove/cut the harness on the pass side where it goes in the car?

I'm not positive, but I'm thinking that the wires going in through the firewall lead into the BCM. You should be able to unplug everything from there. It would not hurt anything to grab the fuse panel as well, if it's not going to cost you anything.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Just did this. The only items of value I found on the fuse panel were the fuses and some of the relays.
The E40 pcm is a bastard child. We ended up sending the harness to Speartech. They rewired it, and added a fuse block, fuel pump relay, and eliminated a bunch of junk wiring..
Old 12-14-2011, 10:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by big johhny

when I did my swap i used everything from the gto,even kept the bcm and vats.But I like to do my own work and build a car rather then just buying **** and putting it together.All boils down to how much can you do,and how much do you want to do and spend.

Had to cut a large hole in the firewall of the gto to fish the harness thru.

Good luck with your project.

Quick Reply: Removal of wiring harness from 05 GTO