Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T56 Swap Into 72 Chevelle What shifter To Use

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 05:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T56 Swap Into 72 Chevelle What shifter To Use

What shifter is everyone using I want something clean and up kind of high nothing crazy just don't want it real short like my z06 I'm running no console what shifter with boot pics please my cars almost done Thanks

Last edited by NutNice707; 01-31-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am using a Hurst Billet shifter, Hurst Super Boot, T-Shifter *** and swapped in a different stick to make it look like a 4sp with a Hurst Shifter.. Since your not using a console.. you should be able to use any shifter and stick that would make it in the correct position that would be comfortable for you.

Standard T56 shifter are centered in the trans.. so that is something to consider, you will have to reach over a little bit if you done use a shifter that move it over to the left. Can use a spacer or a different shape stick/post...

If the shifter your going t use has a two bolt like the Hurst, check the Hurst Catalog, they have a good selection of stick to use and swap in.

BC

You can use any of the aftermarket shifter, Hurst, B&M, Pro5-0, etc..
Old 01-31-2012, 11:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks BC always man your a great help I actually have a B&M stick a buddy gave me I figured it would work fine but kinda of seemed very low I want it to look original like you did yours but I might run the base he gave me With the Hurts 4 speed looking stick.. Anyone Have pics

Quick Reply: T56 Swap Into 72 Chevelle What shifter To Use