Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st Gen Mustang LSX swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Gen Mustang LSX swap

Does anyone have any experience with AJE Racing's 1st Gen Mustang complete front suspension kit with the LS Motor mounts? I talked with Jim at AJE, great guy, and he had a lot of good information but couldn't directly put me on to a lead of a documented install with AJE's kit.

http://www.ajeracing.com/64-70Mustang.php

I guess this is kind of saying howdy since this is my first post. I have read the 2 or 3 threads about the LSX swaps into the 1st Gen Mustangs and I guess I still have a lot of questions I want answered before I dive off in to my 67 Mustang Coupe.

Thanks guys for any help.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:02 PM
On The Tree

To me this seems like a better front end and more complete for a fraction of the cost. Its what I'll probably end up using. http://www.fulltiltstreetrods.com/hub_to_hub.htm
Old 03-16-2012, 07:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I thought many times of doing a first gen mustang, and using the AJE kit, with the new edge spindles, coil over struts, but the cost of buying a first gen mustang stops me. It's a great kit, like I said, I would use this over anything else.

Stampede.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,394 Likes on 880 Posts

The first thing to consider is how will the car be used? Is it going to be a street car? Drag car? Road race car? That will dictate what suspension to go with. More info please...

Andrew
Old 03-20-2012, 11:20 PM
Teching In

I want a street/strip car with performance first. The AJE kit would serve well on the strip but only having a single control arm and the coil over acting as the top fixture to the hub/spindle it will not make the best for extreme street handling. The Mustang 2 style front end will take some beefing up of the front frame piece a little but would allow me to cut out the shock towers from the inside of the mustang fenderwell to free up some space.

Most performance handling front suspension kits I've seen the the 1st gen Mustangs keep the double A-arms and add a progressive or adjustable coil over in place of the shock.

I know the front suspension has taken the lead in the discussion but I'm planning on adding a 4 linked 9in in the rear.

The end goal is a street/strip supercharged car.

I did have a wild hair to take my 67 coupe body and put it on a c5 vette frame.

C5 wheelbase 104.5in width 73.6in
67 coupe wheelbase 108in width 70.9

The width would be easy to take care of but the length would have be adjusted in the front end. I did find the following on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/01-C5-Corvet...t_45360wt_1148

I know it would be a major under taking to put a 67 mustang coupe on a c5 frame but what do you guys think. I'd love to hear your thoughts and concerns.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Useing the AJE kit, makes the front suspension it like the the fox body, sn95, and the new edge mustangs.

Stampede.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:27 AM
Teching In

Subbed, and bumped...

Hoping to do this to sometime...

Quick Reply: 1st Gen Mustang LSX swap