Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1/4L60E into a Factory Five 33 Hot Rod -Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 03:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1/4L60E into a Factory Five 33 Hot Rod -Need Help

I have a 2002 Firebird drop out motor/trans that I picket up Monday. Stripped the stock harness and EGR Lines off but now I have some open ports that I am not sure what to do with.
There is a vacuum port at the back of the intake that I think is supposed to go to the grommet at the rear on the drivers valve cover.
Then there are vacuum ports on either side of the throttle body that I don't know what to do with. Do I just plug them?
Then I have the water line under the throttle body that comes from under the intake. Is this the steam line I have read about and where do I hook it?
Lastly there was a small sender on the harness that does not attach anywhere I can find. It was plunged into the harness by the MAF and TB plugs. Does this go into the air intake?<br>
Thanks in advance for any help you can give. Sorry about the picture size.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

#1 is the PCV system, remove and plug it if your not using a PCV system, I machined a aluminum plug for it.. Plug the vacuum port if not using it, usually for the HVAC (AC/Heater) controls. The tube usually goes to a Y connector with the other ports going to the rear of passenger side valve cover and then to the port in picture #2

#2 That is for the PCV port (suction) that attaches to the valve cover ports on the Driver and passenger side. the hose in picture #1 is one of the ports attached to it.

#3 yes that would the Throttle body warm water ports that connect inline with the Steam vent line on the heads and goes to the Radiator. Recommend you bypass it and run the steam vent from the head directly to the radiator, your TB will run cooler that way.

#4 is the IAT (Intake Air Temp) sendor, it would normally be in the tubing or Air Filter box. Depending on how you have your Intake tubing and filter. you can just drill and hole and attached it in the tubing.

Hope that answers your question, how about some pictures of the Car and engine setup !

BC
Old 07-25-2012, 04:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Bczee
More questions. Do I need to run PCV? There was no valve in all the lines I removed. Can I just put a PCV valve in the valve cover and run a line to the TB port?
How do I connect the steam to the radiator. Weld a fitting into the radiator or a connector into the upper hose?
I thought that was the case with that sender (IAT). Does it go before or after the MAF?
Here is a link to my 33 build.

Quick Reply: LS1/4L60E into a Factory Five 33 Hot Rod -Need Help