Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is my project worth?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 11:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default What is my project worth?

I need some opinions on what my car is worth. I have a 1995 mustang gt with 62k miles, a clean body and nice paint, cowl hood and a aftermarket front bumper, tubular front suspension, cobra brakes and cobra wheels, leather interior but I gutted the dash. Ive done quite a bit of surgery to the trunk (for a fuel cell), floor pan ( for tranny mounts) and the inner fenders and core support. Motor and trans is a lq4 and 4l80e. Original plans was to turbo it, but I've since sold all the turbo gear. Now I'm looking to just get rid of the whole thing since I have no desire or funds to finish it. What's a reasonable asking price? Or am I better off parting it out? I was gonna list it locally on CL for $2500 less trans and motor, $4k with motor and trans. Any thoughts are much appreciated.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd shoot a little higher dependig on how clean it is and how nicely youve done some of the swap. Let them haggle the price. IF you ask 4k they will wanna offer 3k u know?
Old 11-29-2012, 12:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd say your price is reasonable depending on the amount of work the car really needs. I paid $2200 for a 95 gt roller a couple years back. The car is in great shape with zero rust, 115K on the clock. Needed a drivers seat repaired & carpet cleaned, body is nice considering the mileage. Car had strange 10 ways, weld wheels, coilovers up front, some aftermarket adjustable lca's,.... a few other suspension upgrades. I'd sell the roller on corral & the engine/trans right here.
Good luck.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are serious about parting the car out. Feel free to shoot me a PM. I have been looking for an SN95 to swap a 5.3/TH400 76mm setup into.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trigger1
If you are serious about parting the car out. Feel free to shoot me a PM. I have been looking for an SN95 to swap a 5.3/TH400 76mm setup into.
I sent you a PM

Thanks for the replies. I check out corral and see what rollers are going for. Kinda sucks that that I got that big 'ole hole in the trunk for the cell and the original trans crossmember mounts are gone, otherewise I'd try to make the car original again.

Quick Reply: What is my project worth?