Sponsored by:

E40 ECM De-programming?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E40 ECM De-programming?

Hi all,
First post.. long time reader. Spend all my time at Team Camaro. It's about time I got with the program and stepped quickly away from a carbed engine and into the 21st century.

I have a complete LS2\4L65-E from an '06 GTO that's going in my '69 Camaro. I've done tons of reading but I can't put a finger on exactly what I need to have removed\turned off in the ECM.
I have all of the donor car wiring, trans control, accelerator\brake pedals, MAF, O2 sensors, etc. Everything.

I know I want to turn off the security so the engine will start. VATS? But after that I'm lost. I checked out TunedByFrost for some ideas, but performance tuning comes AFTER it's running.
I'll mount both O2 sensors, but I'm not sure what other aspects of the computer I'll need\want to keep and which controls I won't. Fan control? Turn off airbag sensors, etc. I can modify the harness(es) myself... that's not a big deal.

Also I'm seeing where there is a limited number of times you can put your hands inside the ECM (credits). How many does the ECM allow, and is it 1-for-1, or do some changes use more credits? If I can buy a tuner\programmer and do this myself, I have no problem doing it that way either, unless it's less expensive to send it off to be changed.

Thanks all... can't wait to 'drive-by-wire'!

Joe
Old 01-20-2013, 05:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You remove all of the smog if you want. If you read through the FAQ, there is a lot of info on the. Do your research.

Main ones you can turn off.
VATS
Both rear O2
EVAP
A/C
Old 01-20-2013, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks... I did read the FAQs, but it's just that I don't know what I'm SUPPOSED to remove and what I can leave.
If the price is right, New Era here in town can hook me up. I forgot they're right down the road.

Quick Reply: E40 ECM De-programming?