Sponsored by:

Fuel System

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel System

Need help ordering a fuel system from pump to injector:

I have a L92 converted to LS3 and planning a small street twin turbo setup for approx 650rwhp/tq without worry of fuel starvation during occasional autocross practice.

Fuel Pump-considering the following:
-aeromotive phantom in stock tank- http://aeromotiveinc.com/2012/11/phantom-fuel-system/

-Tanks Inc-in stock tank- http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/pa...prod/prd84.htm

-Tanks Inc- new FI tank with baffle and in-tank pump- http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/pa...rod/prd378.htm

For Filter/regulator- I'm considering a stock corvette unit?

I also need help figuring out what fittings, what size supply/return lines, what filters, regulator, and what injectors that I will need for my goals.

I'd really like to hear from anyone with personal experience with the above options or anyone that has succesfully achieved the same goals.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by nlpy8b; 05-02-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

Vendors are welcome to chime in with products/experience that fit the bill as well???
Old 05-02-2013, 09:47 PM
TECH Resident

None of that will work if you truly are going to make 650hp at the wheels. The 340 pump is only good to 700hp and you'll be way over that at the motor. Even if you plan that at the motor it'll be stressing the pump and lead to early failure. You'll probably need the A1000 inline pump with -8 line sumped into tank. And look for atleast 65lb injectors
Old 05-03-2013, 12:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

WTF is a small street turbo setup lol?

Sorry don't have any experience with that much power, I would imagine a dual pump setup would be your best bet.

I don't think that regulator will work and you will probably need an adjustable one for the turbo deal
Old 05-03-2013, 07:45 AM
12 Second Club

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Have you taken a look at a Rick's VaporWorx tank w/CTS-V module? I have pretty much the same hp/tq goals as you do and picked up the Rick's tank. Using 3/8" stainless hardline, no need for a return, still mulling over what fittings to use but will most likely go Swagelok with PTFE hose off the hardline.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Maybe try the fueling forum???
Old 05-03-2013, 08:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also check out the new Holley Billet dual fuel pump. It is pretty trick, but it is external I believe.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Chocolate Apocalypse
Have you taken a look at a Rick's VaporWorx tank w/CTS-V module? I have pretty much the same hp/tq goals as you do and picked up the Rick's tank. Using 3/8" stainless hardline, no need for a return, still mulling over what fittings to use but will most likely go Swagelok with PTFE hose off the hardline.
You plan on getting that much power out of a single 3/8 inch returnless system?
Old 05-03-2013, 01:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Yep, also getting a boost-a-pump just in case the stock pumps arent up to the task but I dont think it'll be a problem.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 01cherryreds10
WTF is a small street turbo setup lol?

Sorry don't have any experience with that much power, I would imagine a dual pump setup would be your best bet.

I don't think that regulator will work and you will probably need an adjustable one for the turbo deal

Meaning I haven't purchased turbo components, yet. But I know they will be small (58-62mm) twins.

The regulator was the one thing I thought I had right .... many vette guys run their stock filter/regulator at least I believe. I will look into boost referenced regulators though, thanks.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
Maybe try the fueling forum???
Maybe try to be a contributor or stay out of the damn thread. Thanks for you valuable input though.

Maybe fuel slosh is a problem better related to old cars with old tanks with no baffling that would be better understood in the conversion forum...just a thought.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sarg
Also check out the new Holley Billet dual fuel pump. It is pretty trick, but it is external I believe.

Thanks I'll check it out, but I was hoping for an intank setup using my current tank.

I'm wondering if I could use then Tanks Inc In-tank system with the tray and order either a second walbro 255 to mock into the tray for a duel pump setup....or order the 400lbh pump they offer. Good Ideas?
Old 05-04-2013, 06:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by nlpy8b
Thanks I'll check it out, but I was hoping for an intank setup using my current tank.

I'm wondering if I could use then Tanks Inc In-tank system with the tray and order either a second walbro 255 to mock into the tray for a duel pump setup....or order the 400lbh pump they offer. Good Ideas?
Yeah those sound like better options. You're better off over fueling it then running out or stressing it. Get a boost reference regulator like suggested.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a PA4.. I can tell you, it might be a restriction on flow.. as the threaded ports are drilled and tapped for 1/4" NPT fittings... which is not a very big opening.. 3/8" opening on the fitting and hose.. so .. if you expecting to go -8 or 1/2"... them opening are the restriction. You would need to redrill them bigger and rethread them for -8 or the next NPT threaded fittings.

Yeah.. you might be able to use double pumps and I would also recommend going with a aftermarket Regulator.

You should see what I did on my Nova tank to use the PA4 and sumping the tank. follow my link in my sig..

BC

Quick Reply: Fuel System