Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

radiator fan wiring with a/c on c10

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default radiator fan wiring with a/c on c10

Hey guys I am looking for advice on the best way to wire up the a/c so that the fan kicks on when the ac is on. Since the computer controls the ground side it makes it a little more tricky to trigger the relay for the fan. I can either add a secondary relay and wire it into the power wire for the fan so that there is a relay that is switched with the computer and one that is switched with the a/c. Also i have been briefly reading about wiring it into the computer and lets the computer trigger the one single relay. This seems to be the best way and would help with wiring clutter, any ideas with pins and wires I need to hook up to do this properly. Seems there needs to be a high pressure switch but since I have already charged and have the a/c working I would rather bypass the additional switch if that would be safe.

Any ideas or suggestions for the best/safest way to do this is much appreciated!!

Oh currently I have a second relay that is hooked to the power side of the fan, but i am looking for ways to eliminate any wiring that I can to help clean up the wiring mess i have created since the install.. haha
Old 05-12-2013, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh and let me add that i have a single radiator fan rather then duals.

Quick Reply: radiator fan wiring with a/c on c10