Sponsored by:

LS Crown Vic

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS Crown Vic

Hi,

I've been thinking about doing an LS P71 Crown Vic for a while now. They are still some things that bug me. I would like to keep it fuel injected. What should I do with the ECU? Keep the CV one or the donor motor one. I've been reading about these swaps for a long time but the PCM, electronics question, etc, is the hardest one for me. How to convert the LS motor with the CV computer. Anyway, if I could get any clues about this or if I could be directed to a thread that could start answering my questions it would be great! I wouldn't say I'm a total noob about the LS engines but I've got a good way to go!

Thanks
Old 12-15-2013, 02:15 PM
TECH Resident

The LS PCM will be needed to run the engine. There are writeups all over on how to convert the harness to a standalone. The Ford stuff won't control the LS engine at all.

The Ford ECU may be needed if you wish to keep your factory gauges or other features. You'll have to figure out how much of the car is controlled by the Ford ECU and decide if you need to keep it.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:18 PM
Teching In

So let's say want to keep Ford gauges I could run both ECU, and both of them would be doing their own thing. Aren't some gauges on the Ford would need the LS sensors to show certain info?
Old 12-15-2013, 06:44 PM
TECH Resident

More than likely you would need to have both sets of sending units. I highly doubt that the Ford ECU would read the GM sending units.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

Try a SEARCH. There are a few LSx Vics running around here.

Quick Reply: LS Crown Vic