Sponsored by:

LS7 oil manifold block

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 01:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS7 oil manifold block

Hi all,

I am in the process of putting a LS7 into a TVR, to do so I need to machine up an oil adaptor block much like this in basic concept:

http://www.jcgcustoms.com/LS7-Oil-Pa...apter-1012.htm

My problem is that the dimensions i am measuring off the dry sump seem slightly odd. The two ports of the dry sump I am measuring at 22.75mm diameter and the centres between them being 36.75mm.

Can anyone please confirm that these dimensions are correct or can possibly measure an adaptor some other manufacturers produce?

Also the dowty seals/o-rings that that fit to seal the block to the manifold - Where would i get them from?

Many thanks
Old 04-01-2014, 05:41 AM
Teching In

I will do so Tuesday -
Old 04-02-2014, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Can anyone help?

Thanks!!
Old 04-03-2014, 01:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rhyspw
Hi all,

I am in the process of putting a LS7 into a TVR, to do so I need to machine up an oil adaptor block much like this in basic concept:

http://www.jcgcustoms.com/LS7-Oil-Pa...apter-1012.htm

My problem is that the dimensions i am measuring off the dry sump seem slightly odd. The two ports of the dry sump I am measuring at 22.75mm diameter and the centres between them being 36.75mm.

Can anyone please confirm that these dimensions are correct or can possibly measure an adaptor some other manufacturers produce?

Also the dowty seals/o-rings that that fit to seal the block to the manifold - Where would i get them from?

Many thanks
Are you bolting the adapter to the LS7 oil pan or bolting it to the engine block with an aftermarket oil pan?

The adapter geometry will be different if you are bolting it to the bottom of the block than if you are bolting it to the LS7 oil pan. I honestly have no idea what the LS7 oil pan looks like, but I have the GM CAD models for the non LS7 engine series from which I could take measurements. It would at least get you the correct centers for the block ports.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is the best I've got, it's a gen 4 block. I don't have he LS7 cad files and I have no idea what an LS7 oil pan looks like.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
gen4_block1.PDF (43.0 KB, 101 views)
Old 04-07-2014, 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So actually I believe I do have the CAD model for the LS7 oil pan. However, the diameter dimensions which came off the dry sump hose ports in the CAD model are completely different that what you posted measurement wise. See attached pdf.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
dry_sump1.PDF (31.5 KB, 79 views)

Quick Reply: LS7 oil manifold block