Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedo Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 05:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedo Help

Hey guys I just recently completed an LS2 swap and have been slowly picking away at some of the bugs in the car. so now I am at the Speedo, it is an Aftermarket Electronic unit.
I have tried the calibration procedure while connected to the Speed output on the ECM, (Street and Performance harness) and I get nothing.

I have tried using a dakota digital OBD II interface, It drives the Tack and the Engine light just fine but still no speedo.

I can use a scan tool and get the speed signal so I know the ECM is generating it.

Any help?

Is there a way to check the output on the wire from the ECM?
Old 06-29-2014, 09:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you know what wire you are using to drive the speedo? Can you post the tune? If the signal is not set correctly in the tune, it won't work.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:44 PM
Staging Lane

I am using the wire that as provided in the harness for the speedo. I am not sure which pin it is in the ECM I could take a look but the car is not handy.

I could probably post an HP tuners file
Old 07-01-2014, 06:19 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LonghornSS
I am using the wire that as provided in the harness for the speedo. I am not sure which pin it is in the ECM I could take a look but the car is not handy.

I could probably post an HP tuners file
email me your tune, robhartley@aol.com
Old 07-01-2014, 09:51 PM
On The Tree

What speedometer are you using? My speedometer -summit 6 gauge digital- showed a speed before it was calibrated, it was just wrong(about half the actual speed). The PCM is looking for a certain number of pulses from the transmission per mile to get your speed and each gauge is set up for a certain number of pulses. I would check the wiring from the PCM to the gauge to make sure it's not broken. It sounds like it's an issue with wiring or programming; either the speed signal from the PCM, or the pulses that the gauge is getting from the PCM is outside of the limits for your gauge.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:25 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mike_hawk
What speedometer are you using? My speedometer -summit 6 gauge digital- showed a speed before it was calibrated, it was just wrong(about half the actual speed). The PCM is looking for a certain number of pulses from the transmission per mile to get your speed and each gauge is set up for a certain number of pulses. I would check the wiring from the PCM to the gauge to make sure it's not broken. It sounds like it's an issue with wiring or programming; either the speed signal from the PCM, or the pulses that the gauge is getting from the PCM is outside of the limits for your gauge.
Most speedos are programmable. I have the Dakota Digital VHX series and it is programmable from 2K PPM up to 256K PPM. I think the speed output is either turned off in his tune or his wiringis incorrect.

Quick Reply: Speedo Help