Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

66 impala wagon swap mounts

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 12:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 66 impala wagon swap mounts

Hey guys starting my second swap very soon picked this car out of Arizona it is going to show up hopefully Wednesday.

Anyways been looking around the forum and the internet for mounts headers and oil pans.

I've got a musclecar pan laying around while the engine builder is assembling the 5.7 so I would like to try that, but I'm wanting to get some mounts coming.

I'm thinking I want to try the dirty dingo mounts just because they seem to be the thickest adapter plates available and I am wanting the engine to sit up high enough to clear everything without any mods

As far as the headers go it seems the dynatech 67-69 ls swap f body headers work but anyone try 4th gen headers?
Old 07-13-2014, 07:59 AM
Teching In

Check out the 66 impala thread by kwizz. There is a diagram of mount plates in it. The std mounts are too short on the b-body and the musclecar pan WILL hit the frame. I had a set made and my pan clears great! I also used the dynatech 67-69 headers, only ones I found that clear the steering box.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/17678057-post215.html

Good luck
Old 07-13-2014, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply did you have them made locally? I don't know if there are any shops around here that can do something like that
Old 09-02-2014, 08:28 PM
Teching In

Sorry it took me so long to reply. Forgot I even replied to your question.

Any machine shop should be able to make those easily. The shop I used is not even an automotive shop, He builds plastic injection molds for the company I work for.

Good Luck

Quick Reply: 66 impala wagon swap mounts