Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modifying my harness questions..

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 10:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modifying my harness questions..

Let me say that I am new to this whole LS game. I am currently putting a car together, a 55 Mercury something. I believe what I have is an LS(6?) out of a 2005 Cadillac CTS-V (if there is a way to confirm this, that would probably be good). I have an ECM out of a 2005-2007 Silverado according to the internet. I also believe that the wiring harness I have is from the same truck. Picture below:
Modifying my harness questions..-xfpyyiqh.jpg
Modifying my harness questions..-a9rt9ynh.jpg

Now, is it possible for this ecu & wiring harness to run said motor? The motor I have has a DBW throttle body on it but I'm not sure if it's compatible with this harness/ecu. I don't know which pedal assembly and correct TAC I need. Also, all the pictures I'm seeing of other ecus look completely different than what I have.. is that going to be a problem?

Sorry for all the noob-ness. There's so much info on here that I am trying to fill my head with, however I'm not sure on which info applies to my situation and what doesn't =/

Thanks for any and all advice.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:43 AM
Teching In

I guess I was wrong about the silverado part, it is the correct ecu & harness that were all out of an 05 CTS-V.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Shoot LT1Swap an e-mail with your #"s on computor to find out if work in your situation. He has a lot of info on his site as well.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I would just call psi conversions . By a swap harness send them your ecm for vatts removal etc...
Old 02-26-2015, 07:54 AM
On The Tree

Yes you can make that stuff work. If you wanna do the DBW you will need to get the pedal/TAC for that vehicle. If you wanna do DBC your PCM can be reflashed to a vehicle that came with DBC from the factory. You will need to go through your wiring harness to get rid of the DBW wires and add idle air control wiring/connector pinned at the correct location. It would be easier to run the DBW if you can get your hands on the components you need easily and you will automatically have cruise control.

http://www.lt1swap.com/identify_vortec_engine.htm
Old 02-27-2015, 01:13 AM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The good news is it appears you have a PCM from a 2005 or 2006 express van. http://www.lsmotorswap.com/ecu-tunin...e-numbers.html So it is cable throttle compatible if you want. With any luck its a 2005 as the operating system on that one 12592618 is well hacked with 1,2,and 3 bar support and a bunch of other stuff thats probably not really important unless your going turbo.

Is your wiring harness set up for DBW? A lot of those vans were cable TB. They only got DBW if they had the active handling package... and who would buy that for a work van. If you don`t already have a TAC and pedal, but the harness is set up for DBW it might be easiest to get a van TAC, pedal and TB (if the CTSV TB won`t work with the truck components).

Quick Reply: Modifying my harness questions..