Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 wiring schematic , need a copy.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS2 wiring schematic , need a copy.

Well I guess sometimes when you think you got it, you completely missed the target. I confess , its me.

Anyway I'm finally get back to my project and require assistance from you guys.

Looking for someone who can PM me or provide a link to their wiring diagram of their LS2 T56 set-up. This particular application happens to be in a 1968 Camaro with an AAW wiring harness with a prewired J1 connector from EFI to the factory DBW.
I made my own fuse panel and have since abandon that in favor of the Current Performance Relay panel. Which by the way is a nice piece.

Anyone who can help would be appreciated,
Thanks,
BobH
Old 02-28-2015, 10:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BobH
Looking for someone who can PM me or provide a link to their wiring diagram of their LS2 T56 set-up.
I'm not sure exactly what you're after but I provided a link to an extensive '05-'06 GTO/LS2 wiring thread when you asked previously.

Hope this helps.

Tipsy
Old 02-28-2015, 10:58 AM
TECH Resident

Here's a good link with the E40 C1, C2 and C3 pinouts.

Another link with schematics.

A link to .pdf's.

Hope this helps!

Tipsy
Old 02-28-2015, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Tipsy thanks , I have those from before and I appreciate the links. I even have the model specific ones from AllDatadiy.com
I was trying to obtain a personal working copy from a member that is up and running.
I'm missing something blatantly obvious to the normal person.

What I don't see is where the O2/MAF wire connects if at all in this LS2 application. (circuit 439)

Where if at all is the crank signal wire ,if needed. I found pin 52 on J1 connected to starter crank wire , no change.

How does the computer detect the car is in the start/run mode?

On the Short Bus,
BobH
Old 02-28-2015, 11:42 AM
TECH Resident

Okay, my LS2 is going into an E36 BMW, so I wouldn't be much help there. But here are my thoughts; you previously wrote that you modified your stock LS2 harness yourself. I think I recall you were removing a wire and discovered it merged with another wire and you weren't sure what to do. It's possibly you might have "hacked" your stock harness to the point that it will be very difficult to determine what's going on.

Being that this is going into a '68 Camaro, the engine harness is virtually stand-alone in that it's integrating very little with your chassis harness, other than power. You might want to consider starting from scratch with a custom standalone harness (from someone like BP, Speartech, Current Performance, PSI, etc). You can tell them exactly what you want and what you don't want (fan control, EVAP, rear O2's, etc.) and it will show up needing nearly nothing more than installation and power connections.

Tipsy
Old 02-28-2015, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

Thanks Tipsy

I fixed that wire that you were referring too. It was at the Cam sensor. Your probably right about purchasing a turn key. I think I just hate to admit defeat when I know its something stupid/simple for most folks. btw my computer is the E40-T56 2006 GTO

Later,
BobH

I haven't given up yet so if anyone has a schematic of there hook up to the car I'd appreciate it.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BobH
Thanks Tipsy

I fixed that wire that you were referring too. It was at the Cam sensor. Your probably right about purchasing a turn key. I think I just hate to admit defeat when I know its something stupid/simple for most folks. btw my computer is the E40-T56 2006 GTO

Later,
BobH

I haven't given up yet so if anyone has a schematic of there hook up to the car I'd appreciate it.
Mine is also an '06 GTO T56 (E40). Honestly, as long as you get power to the harness (C101) an have adequate grounds, the engine should fire (assuming you've had VATS removed).

Here's another good thread. I'm definitely not advocating that you give up but with power and grounds, it should run, even with a 100% stock harness. In other words, other than aesthetics, there's no need to remove unused plugs from the harness (EVAP, rear O2, skip shift), etc. You can just tune them out.

Tipsy

Quick Reply: LS2 wiring schematic , need a copy.