Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 wiring questions???

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 10:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS2 wiring questions???

I was deleting the wires from my 06 GTO harness yesterday . I saw no reason to keep the low coolant level sensor wire. (wh/bk' number 44 from connector C2) . Any way after I cut it and was removing it went to the cam sensor connector (series 631). Is it labeled incorrectly?? Should I solder it back in?? The Pinout chart shows 44 as sensor.I am missing something here??

Also the would like to delete low reference wire from pin 49 ( was wired to the AC system sharing a plug with pin 51) from C3 and EVAP canister vent sol control from C2.

Lastly the Reverse Lock Out solenoid?? It was originally thru the BCM but I am not running the BCM. What is the best way to wire the Rev Lock Sol??
Thanks,
BobH
Old 10-15-2014, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

If anyone can PM me the wire diagrams for 50/06 GTO LS2 with the cam sensor to PCM and EVAP canister vent sol from PCM to engine connector. I would be very grateful
Thanks
BobH

Last edited by BobH; 10-17-2014 at 05:49 AM.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

GTO 2005-2006 Wiring Information
Old 10-16-2014, 05:57 AM
On The Tree

Thanks, I need to bookmark that !!!!

Anyway I guess i will fix that wire at pin 44 on C2 that was marked Low coolant level. I found another schematic that I traced in return and it shows that wire going back to the Cam Sensor as 12v....???

I still cant find the schematic that shows the EVAP canister sol. That wire feeds from PCM connector to plug at right bank connector at center of vavle cover (the connector also has wiring for inj and coils)

Inch by Inch,
BobH

Last edited by BobH; 10-16-2014 at 06:35 AM.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:36 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BobH
I still cant find the schematic that shows the EVAP canister sol.
Schematic is from this thread.

FYI, I found all of this information in seconds with a simple Google Image search.

Tipsy

Old 10-16-2014, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TipsyMcStagger
Schematic is from this thread.

FYI, I found all of this information in seconds with a simple Google Image search.

Tipsy

I appreciate the response and help including links... BTW I also know how to do a search, albeit sometimes I miss what I am looking for specifically. I was looking for different diagrams. I was looking more the old school way the schematics were depicted. But once appreciate the information. Tracked a few wires and hit issues. ( ie pinout charts and diagram different)
I just hooked up the suspect wires back in the harness.
Later,
BobH
I actually thought I had this worked out until I back t
Old 10-16-2014, 09:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BobH
I appreciate the response and help including links... BTW I also know how to do a search, albeit sometimes I miss what I am looking for specifically.
I'm not criticizing. Just offering advice for you (or others) who might not be proficient at searching.

For the record, you can use Google to search this (or any) site very efficiently.

Examples:

ls2 gto pinouts site:ls1tech.com

"skip shift" delete site:ls1tech.com
Old 10-18-2014, 08:44 AM
On The Tree

Be careful with the schematics and drawings that are SUPPOSED to be for the GTO. Don't assume they are even if they're from a GTO site or supposedly from a GTO book.
I made that mistake when I did my swap and discovered some of them are actually for the same year Corvettes. The wiring (colors\pinouts) ARE different between the two cars.

Just sayin'
Old 10-18-2014, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Also be careful that you are not looking at non-US vehicles. The Australian version uses some of the same pinouts, but not all. I found a very complete harness diagram and got started only to discover that some critical elements are not the same.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:58 PM
On The Tree

True...the Holden is different.

Quick Reply: LS2 wiring questions???