Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1993 Dodge Dakota gets LS motor (Completed)

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 11:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zTimbo
You would think that a company like PSI that ships **** out everyday would be able to get something back to me in a reasonable time. When I sent my PCM to them it cost me $12 and it got from me to them in 2 days. They send it out back to me on the 19th and it's not going to get here until the 26th and they charged me $20 for shipping.

They seriously dropped the ball on this one!!
Ouch.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be damned.......new PCM from PSI after about a 20 minute drive P0332 Bank 2 popped up and the truck turned into a giant turd....

Why does everyone have so much trouble out of these God forsaken knock sensors???
Old 05-27-2015, 06:02 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zTimbo
I'll be damned.......new PCM from PSI after about a 20 minute drive P0332 Bank 2 popped up and the truck turned into a giant turd....

Why does everyone have so much trouble out of these God forsaken knock sensors???
If you are sure that the sensor and harness are not damaged, then the next step is to find a tuner.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by casias
If you are sure that the sensor and harness are not damaged, then the next step is to find a tuner.
I'm going to replace the harness under the intake since I have a new one sitting in my toolbox. I will re-check the knock sensors. I also think I'm going to add a piece of flex pipe to my exhaust to help with some vibrations im getting at low rpms. Personally, I think my exhaust system is a little to solidly mounted. I like them to be able to jiggle & wiggle a little bit.

The only 'professional' tuner around (Dynospeed in Memphis Tn.) has told me they wouldn't touch it until the knock sensor problem is resolved or I could drop it off with them, wait 6-8 weeks and pay them $100 per hour to diagnose the problem. Sounded to me like they would rather mess with their corvettes and cts-v's than mess with my junk.

I know of a local guy that some of the local 1/8 mile guys use to tune their stuff so I might try and track him down and see what he can do for me.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

I've surpassed the 500 mile mark. I've been driving the truck to work everyday. I had to put a rear main seal in it Saturday but so far that seems to have fixed my oil leak. No codes and it's running the way I had hoped. I have a new set of tired sitting in the shop but I'd like to get new balljoints and tie rod ends installed first, plus an alignment
Old 06-03-2015, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

I installed my new 30" curved Totron Lightbar yesterday. I've never been happy with the headlights on this truck and I wanted something kinda MacGyver looking for this build, plus I live out in woods and drive back roads all the time. This is my first LED bar and I will say it seems very well built for the price.
Attached Thumbnails 1993 Dodge Dakota gets LS motor (Completed)-image.jpg  
Old 06-13-2015, 08:43 AM
On The Tree

Crossed the 1,000 mile mark the other day. It's nice to finally have my daily driver back and getting 20 mpg when I keep my foot out of it. Im still driving it every day to work plus whatever running around I do. This time of the year down in 'The Sip' is making me really want to get my AC working. I might try to get that sorted out this weekend.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

DAMN THESE MF'n KNOCK SENSORS!!!!!!!!!

Made it to the 1600 mile mark and I'm getting both knock sensor codes after about 20 minutes of run time.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:41 AM
On The Tree

I'm proud to say that I've hit the 3000 mile mark. I have had some trouble with knock sensors but it's been due to faulty knock sensors from autozone.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 ls swap

hey my name is joshua im about to do a swap in my 91 dakota can i ask a few questions
Old 11-12-2015, 05:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

zTimbo, clean and simple swap. I love how you have continued to update this thread with the mileage on your swap. I really hope you can get those knock sensors to cooperate.

PS. Welcome to the forum, Joshua.
Old 12-21-2015, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DavidBoren
zTimbo, clean and simple swap. I love how you have continued to update this thread with the mileage on your swap. I really hope you can get those knock sensors to cooperate.

PS. Welcome to the forum, Joshua.
Still driving the truck daily. Last time a looked I was just over 10,000 miles. Knock sensors have been trouble free as of late. Wish I could say the same about the TPS sensor, it works most of the time but will throw the CEL every now and then.

Hit a deer a couple days ago, truck and deer came out unscathed. Thankfully it didn't destroy my light bar, that would've hurt my feelings. I put new wheel bearings in the front 2 weekends ago. Those had been serviced regularly for the last 100k or so but I had let it slide a little longer than I should have and damaged an inner bearing.

In my quest to get a decent heater(the heater sucked with the 318 to) I decided I needed to get the truck to run at the proper operating temperature because t's always ran cool (approx 150) even when it had the old 318. I tried a .750" restrictor but that did absolutely nothing in raising the temp according to my speedhut gauge and highly calibrated nerve endings in my skin that constantly alerted me that it's still cold in my truck 15 minutes after I left my house. So I removed the restrictor and covered approx 80% of the radiator with a sheet metal cover I made. After 20 minutes of highway driving 70mph it was at 210 and rising so I pulled over and it had almost filled my overflow tank up. I removed the cover, drove home and put a 10" x 10" cutout in the center of my cover plate. With the re-design cover plate and I good bit of driving it's running at 180ish on the high way now and the heater is nice and warm. I don't know if it's related or not but this morning I had a large antifreeze puddle underneath my truck. After a quick look under the hood the drain spout on the radiator was loose and will not tighten up. I guess I'll throw some JB weld on it because, well, why the hell not....
Old 08-24-2018, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

Over 30,000 miles on it. My AC system needs to be tweaked. I need to add a trinary switch in the system I also have problem with the electric fan melting the 12 ga fuse holders. I don't think the fan I've been running is rated to run continuously. If I have room I thought about swapping back to a mechanical fan. Decisions decisions....
Old 08-24-2018, 10:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,022 Likes on 2,353 Posts

Just get some better electric fans....
Old 11-08-2018, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone put an 5.3 LS in a 05-09 Dakota?

Quick Reply: 1993 Dodge Dakota gets LS motor (Completed)