Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 09:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring question

Hey guys. I'm working on the ls transformation in a fox mustang. I completely gutted the factory mustang wiring harness and replaced it with a Painless wiring kit. I am using the ls factory PCM and harness. I am merging the painless kit with the factory PCM and wire harness. The painless kit has a provision for the electric fuel pumps. The PCM also has a output signal for the fuel pump. Which one would you use to power the fuel pump and why. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

I think I Would use the LS harness. I am doin the same with my car, minus the painless harness. Just using my factory wirin for everything body electrical related, and the LS harness for everything engine electrical related. I figure they call it stand alone because you can run the engine without needing it in a vehicle essentially. I figure if I use the LS for the fuel pump as well then it just makes sense. I'm going to try and use the LS pcm like it was meant to be used basically.

Did painless sell you a harness for just body wiring? Or what? Is it a conversion harness? If so, why use any Of the LS harness?
Old 04-02-2015, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

your going to be wiring in a relay. power will be coming out of fuse on fuse box go to relay for key on power. pcm will give signal to trip relay. there be a ground on relay and if remember a 12v battery power as well. Lt1 swap.com shows how to wire it up, but you want/need relay in system.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:13 PM
Staging Lane

Yes what he said ^. When my fuse box and relays get here next week I will be finishing my harness with the help of lt1swap.com. He has step
By step instructions for this part of the harness with photos.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:25 AM
Teching In

Ok guys thanks. I was thinking that was the way I am going anyway but your opinion sealed it.

Quick Reply: Wiring question