Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 Into 97 Camaro - Few wiring questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 11:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default LS2 Into 97 Camaro - Few wiring questions

Hey everyone, so im getting into my LS2 swap and ive read a bunch of the threads (merv and a few others like it) but most of them seem to be going to an LS with factory ecu.

In my situation, im going to an LS with a Bigstuff 3 setup.

It seems to have all the outputs necessary to run the LS, but I've been unplugging my LT1 harness in prep for engine out the bottom removal and noticing a few things that dont seem to line up.

In the passenger kick panel, there are 3 connectors that get undone and fed up through the firewall. What are these connectors for? The BS3 doesn't have anything equivalent to them, what functionality am i losing?

There is a port on the passenger side of the car, near where the AC block is, that has two little fittings on it. One of the fittings runs into a line in with the main harness. What is it for, and do I just cap it off, or should that tie into something on the new ecu?

Lastly, gauges? Does the 97 LT1 get its gauge reading from the ECU, or from a separate harness?

These seem like really stupid questions, and im probably just missing them. But any advice/input would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Edit: So the more reading I do, the more apparent it becomes that the ECU will not output data to my gauges. Is it possible to keep the factor LT1 ecu to just read the sensors for the gauge output, but not be wired up to any of the other components?

Edit 2: Or will i need to run a LS ecu for the piggy back? man this is confusing.

Last edited by BigBadWhitey; 06-23-2015 at 12:28 AM.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They're 4 plugs under the dash you have to disconnect. The one with 2 wires is the evap temp sensor. You will not need that with a Ls1 computer. The other three plugs have wires that you will need to wire up the gauges, fuel relay, etc.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here. This site should help you out. You need to do a lot of studying.http://shbox.com/1/harness_connector_faces.htm
Old 06-24-2015, 12:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

The 200 series plugs are the one under the dash.

Quick Reply: LS2 Into 97 Camaro - Few wiring questions