Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1975 C10 5.3 w/ 4L80 swap engine harness questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 02:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1975 C10 5.3 w/ 4L80 swap engine harness questions

Hello all on LS1Tech. I'm in the process of building a project truck I've dreamed of since high school (I'm 31 now) It's a 1975 Chevrolet C10 single cab Short bed. It had a 90'ss LT1 in to and a Turbo400 with a peg leg. It ran 14.8 at California Dragway in Fontana, CA. I would have made a much quicker pass but the trans blew up half way down the track. the 1/8 mile was 6/10's quicker on the 2nd pass. Anyways out with the old and in with the new. I have a complete assembly 5.3 out of a 2002 suburban. pick a part had a 50% off sale and got everything from flex plate to water pump, MAF to oil pan. As well as Engine harness and PCM completely intact except for the transmission connections (hot glued in) I did not get the transmission for 2 reasons, was 4wd and a 4L60E. I want to build a twin turbo engine so A 4L80 was purchased out of a late 1990's suburban with a Big block on a 40% off day at pick a part. I have the complete engine harness and PCM for the 5.3 however the guy who wanted the transmission cut the connector to the 4L60E. I cut as much harness as I could off the 4L80E. From what I read, I'll need to have the stock PCM reprogrammed to turn off the anti theft, as well program it for a 4L80E. I'm pretty tech savvy, and I work as a tech. However I don't have much experience in the GM LS setups. I know I'll need a new flex plate for the 4L80E torque converter to bolt up and in search of that as well. I need to move pins from the 4L60E to position 4L80E's positions wont I? If I can find a vendor who sells the electrical terminals, and the proper wires, I can modify the Harness. Since I'm doing a twin turbo setup, Do they still use the MAF or does programming delete that like the EGR and rear Oxygen sensors for detecting Catalytic efficiency? Running boost, I'll need to get a Map sensor to read both Boost and Vacuum correct? Also, I didn't get any harness past the main electrical junction box. I already purchased MR Hot Rod's engine mounts and Transmission mount. I'm running electric fans already, I know I'll have to do some temp switch since this the 5.3 came with a clutch fan. So I need to pick up an OBD connector and find out where I need to run the communication wires, as well as power and ground. I think I'll start here for a first post. Help is welcomed!

Quick Reply: 1975 C10 5.3 w/ 4L80 swap engine harness questions