Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gas pedal WAY TO SOFT!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 07:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas pedal WAY TO SOFT!

Just fired up my nova today after swapping in an LS1. The throttle body spring is VERY WEAK to the point of being undrivable. It's like no spring exist basically. I'm running a lokar pedal and cable assembly to it. Can you purchase stiffer return springs to go on the TB or do I need to add another spring to it?
Old 09-03-2016, 09:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When I got my first LS car it was way too soft for me. I just added a carb spring to add some resistance. Worked great for years until I went with a difference tb setup which already had a stiffer spring.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kyoytey1693
When I got my first LS car it was way too soft for me. I just added a carb spring to add some resistance. Worked great for years until I went with a difference tb setup which already had a stiffer spring.
Cool that's what I'm going to try. Just finding a good place to hook it up at. Another issue I have which doesn't help any is my lokar throttle cable. Where it comes out of the firewall it's right against the head. It's got it pushed over slightly and causing the cable to drag some. Not really anything I can do about that except buy a different pedal. Just spent $150 on this one. Should have went DBW!
Old 09-09-2016, 05:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dbw are even softer in my opinion. You'd likely be disappointed with one of those for sure.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am having the same problem with my swap. I have a lokar cable and a Procomp throttle body. Even with the cable removed the tbody will not close all the way. I have not been able to spend much time on it yet.

Quick Reply: Gas pedal WAY TO SOFT!