Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help wiring pop-up headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help wiring pop-up headlights

i have a 96 TA with an LS1 swap, and i got a complete LS1 harness (interior, engine bay and Motor harness) all from a 98 camaro. I need to wire in the popup headlights but cant figure out where to start, is there a wiring diagram some where that i can wire in the old box that controls the headlights.

i would like to have it mostly factory, (when i turn the lights on the headlights popup and when i turn it off the headlights go down)
Old 04-06-2006, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

Don't have a diagram, but I can help. I had the same issue using a camaro harness in my 92 TA.

1) The headlight module fits right into the side of the underhood fuse/relay center if you haven't noticed that yet.

2) You will need to run a wire to the headlight switch to make it easy.

3) There's empty fuse spots labeled LH HDLP DR & RH HDLP DR. You can add wires and fuses there if you want to be slick.

4) Motors hook up the same direct to the module, lt & dk grn, lt & dk blu

5) Yellow wires hooks to the output of the headlight switch

6) Brown wire connects to the parking lights. You can pick the closest one near the module if you want.

7) Both oranges are fused power. Separate power from the factory, I guess for a reason. 15A.

That's pretty much it. The module just needs to know when the lights are on and off. If you all ready have everything nice and neat and don't feel like pulling a wire to the dash you can make it work with just the wires up front. The problem is you have two headlight on wires there (dim & bright). You would have to 'T' a relay coil into each of those. Those relays would then need to trigger a third relay that sends power to the yellow wire. You have to use three relays to isolate the high/low headlight wires.

Good luck, let me know if need anything else.

Kevin D.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

thanks

Quick Reply: Need help wiring pop-up headlights