Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT1 in a 1990 IROC Vert

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2003, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 in a 1990 IROC Vert

I'm now the proud new owner of a 1990 IROC convertable with no engine so decisions, decisions. My questions is what would be involved in dropping an LT1 in this baby? Any links for a 3rd gen LT1 install would be great. I have already found one complete LT1 with all the brackets, all belt driven accessories, pcm and wiring harness. I'm assuming it will bolt up to the automatic transmission that's in the car, right? Obviously a 305/350 TPI would drop in and be ready to go but I'm wondering how much more difficult/expensive an LT1 install would be. I got the car for $600.00 and the LT1 engine (83k) I found with everything is $1400.00. Of course I've also found complete TPI's for much cheaper but if it's not too much hassle I may go the LT1 route.
In case you're wondering the story on the car. A friend of mine at work received a job to build an engine for this IROC about 4 years ago. He drove the car heavily knocking to his garage to begin the process. The owner never finished paying him for the completeion of the build so he gave him the title to the car about three weeks ago. Well, one carfax and $600.00 later it's now mine. My friend is just trying to recover some of his money so he sold the partially built 355 and was left with the rest of the car. Everything is in tact, factory wiring, pcm, trans etc. but it will need a new top eventually. It's got brand new BFG 245/50/16's all the way around, and it has Hotchkis SFC's, STB and springs from what I could see. It also has slotted cross drilled rotors and a B&M shifter. So now I'm looking for an engine and I don't want to go crazy just put something decent and reliable in and have my first vert.
Thanks for oyur help
Old 04-29-2003, 07:50 AM
Teching In

Default Re: LT1 in a 1990 IROC Vert

ss3933,
Go To www.camaroz28.com there are a ton of people that have that done that same conversion to the 3rd Gens. Hope this helps. If you have any LT1 questions though I might can help.
Old 04-29-2003, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: LT1 in a 1990 IROC Vert

Thanks for the tip. I forgot to subscribe to my own post so I'm just now seeing this.

Quick Reply: LT1 in a 1990 IROC Vert