Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls conversion-best way?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 11:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

Default ls conversion-best way?

theres so many diff places to post on this site, not sure if i have the correct one, so i'll start here
i am putting an ls engine in a 69 chevelle, and no nothing about ls, other than what i have read
i have a chance to get a comp ls1 motor and trans, wiring harness and computer-i really wanted an ls2, more power, put i would have to piece stuff together-if i got the ls1, i would have a lot of stuff to start with already-is this the best way to start out-also has the cable rather than elect butterflys-is the ls1 motor pretty good to do a mild hop up, and can the factory computer be altered, or are people using aftermarket
thanks
Old 09-14-2007, 11:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yes, this would be the correct forum for your 69 Chevelle, search in this forum and you will find many completed A-Body and many on going conversion/projects.

Stealth71 is a on-going project that is nearing completion, check out his and others. You can follow my project in my cardomain site, just follow the link in my sig, I have had mine running since late last year. There are many other Chevelle guys, just search on there user names, Chevelle or A-Body.

It is always a good Idea to get a complete setup or donner car, Motor, access., trans, etc..

Either the manual T/B or DBW T/B can be used, You just need the correct setup, be it Cable or DBW pedal setup. The Factory PCM, wiring harness and other electrical needs can be reprogramed or modified to suit what every you want to use or setup. Most have used the Factory PCM with Modified Wiring Harness but a few have also done FAST or Painless PCM and wiring. Many have also chose to go with the Carb setup using Edelbrock and MSD setups.

Search out here and if you have specific question, ask away.