Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with 240sx / ls1 swap fuel issues I belive

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with 240sx / ls1 swap fuel issues I belive

Okay so I just recently have been able to get my 240 ls1 up and running its a s13 so everyone knows. The car runs great other than a minor issue which Im not sure why its doing it. I havent wired in a DTC connector yet, but I was just looking to see if anyone had a general Idea.

The problem is when you induce full throttle (in the power band) sometimes the car stutters like its going to die, then it picks right up and takes off. It also does it when your under full throttle and shift to the next gear. It stutters like its going to die then it picks right up and takes off.

Anyone have any clues?
Old 10-07-2007, 11:11 PM
10 Second Club

Scan and log it .

Thats the only way to tell exactly whats going on .
Old 10-08-2007, 05:47 AM
On The Tree

I had similar problems on my LS13 conversion. i used an intank walbro 255 pump, and the stock pump wiring. the wires got hot and stole a couple of volts from the pump, so the fuel pressure was low. change the wiring on the pump or check youre fuel pressure when stuttering. should always be 4 bars or around 60 psi
Old 10-09-2007, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

i would just wired the diagnostic connector in so you can at least make shure nothings wrong.. then go from there. could be fuel pump but i mine hasnt had any issues. your car is automatic ?
Old 10-11-2007, 11:26 AM
TECH Regular

at one time a bad O2 sensor on my LS1FC made the car sputter at full throttle then take off and it left a plume of black smoke from running too rich.

but if you are not getting any smoke from running rich you may have a fuel pump, pressure or delivery issue.

Quick Reply: Problem with 240sx / ls1 swap fuel issues I belive