Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for 2007 ecm pinout with DOD and knowledge of DOD

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for 2007 ecm pinout with DOD and knowledge of DOD

Looking into see how much work it is going to take to utilize the DOD in a conversion. Also looking for the ecm pinout chart or wiring digram for 2007 chevy truck 1500 with 5.3 . Thanks

Last edited by ls1coupe; 10-11-2007 at 08:28 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Staging Lane

its all built in to the system you buy i would think. if you take a dod engine out and put it in something else as long as you take the computer with it you should be good
Old 05-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Teching In

2007 Pinouts:

Find an Autozone parts store and ask for their DVD tech section. The company that produces them is ALLDATA out of California.

DoD/AFM in a conversion:

The DoD, now AFM (Active Fuel Management) is not all that exciting. It makes performance mods more difficult also. DoD presents a few problems that you should know about before jump in and buy one.

1. Limited high performance parts
2. Oil pressure regulator in pan
3. No aftermarket harnesses available yet
4. Fly-by-wire throttle
5. BCM needs to be programmed out

All-in-all I like my DoD engine even with all the challenges it has presented me. I'm nearly done with the wiring for mine and I may have figured out the front to rear sump swap on my pan. You may not even have this problem depending on what it's going in to.

Just make sure when you do get the engine you get everything! Some of the things you should get also are:

engine, transmission, ECM, TCM, engine harness, body harness?, underdash harness, all accessories, exhaust, throttle pedal, fuseblocks, etc.

I use Schram Auto in Michigan (find them on ebay) for my late model powertrain purchases. If you can't find the pinouts let me know and I'll have my friend who works at ALLDATA get them.

Last edited by LH6-DOD-54-GMC; 05-05-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LH6-DOD-54-GMC
DoD/AFM in a conversion:

The DoD, now AFM (Active Fuel Management) is not all that exciting. It makes performance mods more difficult also. DoD presents a few problems that you should know about before jump in and buy one.

1. Limited high performance parts
2. Oil pressure regulator in pan
3. No aftermarket harnesses available yet
4. Fly-by-wire throttle
5. BCM needs to be programmed out

All-in-all I like my DoD engine even with all the challenges it has presented me.
Well, of the 5 things you listed above, only one of them is an issue for me, & I guess it's not that big of a deal. (I would've preferred not to deal with the DBW throttle, but since I already have it, & it would cost me roughly the same to swap as to get the pedal & TAC module, I guess I'll stick with it.) I'm 100% sure that the aftermarket will get up to speed on the new technology (probably within a couple years) & then what's now something of a liability will become an asset...

Just make sure when you do get the engine you get everything! Some of the things you should get also are:

engine, transmission, ECM, TCM, engine harness, body harness?, underdash harness, all accessories, exhaust, throttle pedal, fuseblocks, etc.
NOW I hear this...

I figure that I can probably make my swap work if I just get the engine harness & ECM (although if anyone knows differently, please speak up!).

I use Schram Auto in Michigan (find them on ebay) for my late model powertrain purchases. If you can't find the pinouts let me know and I'll have my friend who works at ALLDATA get them.
Well, that would help ME as well, I'm swapping an '08 L92 into my car & believe me, I'll appreciate any help I can get!

NEAT project you've got going there!
Old 01-05-2009, 02:07 PM
Teching In

Default GEN IV swap

I just finished my Gen IV swap. I use a 2007 5.3 "LMG" with 4L60E and E38 /T42 controllers in my '97 4wd Tahoe.

all is working fine , except the AFM. Some conditions are not met and inhibit the V4 mode. We tracked it down to the brake booster pressure sensor which is wired to the EBCM and then distributed on the CAN bus. Sadly we don't have an '07 EBCM to get that pressure sensor message ....

More info could be found on :

http://www.pacificp.com/forum/viewto...ghlight=#62287

and other threads from harascho (that's me..)

How about you and your swap. Ready to fire it up? does the AFM work ?

Harald
Old 01-07-2009, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by harascho
all is working fine , except the AFM. Some conditions are not met and inhibit the V4 mode. We tracked it down to the brake booster pressure sensor which is wired to the EBCM and then distributed on the CAN bus. Sadly we don't have an '07 EBCM to get that pressure sensor message ....
What are the "conditions" the PCM needs to see? Thinking of using AFM swap and was wondering what all is needed keep it.

Quick Reply: Looking for 2007 ecm pinout with DOD and knowledge of DOD