Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ9 in a 1957 Bel Air

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 10:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ9 in a 1957 Bel Air

I apologize in advance if this has akready been posted, I just joined earlier today & must be too technically inept to properly search.

I've been reading Hot Rod & Car Craft & I want to look into putting a LQ9 in my 57. Currently it has a 305 (main reason for the need to change) 700R4, Power, Air, etc,

Where do I go to find out what has to be done, the parts I need, throttle body for cable, trans kick down & all that stuff.

Obviously I'm starting from scratch here,

'Thanks in adavance
Old 10-21-2007, 01:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would suggest you view some of the sponsors webs site. S&P is a good one to start with, as they have many swaps documented. go to there site hotrodlane.cc

BRP (brphotrod.com), ATS (T56KIT.COM) and many others are also good vendors. Speartech will be about the best to handle your PCM needs as well as Jesse at wait4meperformance.com

Read some of the sticky at the top of this forum, even though the thread is not the same car.. .. you will still have to do the same work and step for any conversion., you'll just have to do it differently.

Search and read some of the threads on the 55-57 swap. There are many tri-5 swap ongoing and already done.

Try asking some more specific question on specific area.. I would not have the time to type out a whole conversion step by step for you in one sitting.

Good luck and post your project once you get it going.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I know everything I need has been posted somewhere sometime, I just need to find it.